Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Santam Insurance Recruitment 2023/2024.
Santam is the insurer of choice for millions of South Africans countrywide. We help you be safe and stay safe – everywhere you go. If you need five more reasons …
We are recruiting to fill the following position below:
Job Title: Non-Motor Field Assessor
This career opportunity is available at Santam for Non-Motor Field Assessor.
WHO WE ARE:
Santam is the market leader in the general insurance industry in Southern Africa. We are a large, diversified, expanding and transforming company and whilst based in South Africa, we are rapidly moving into a number of emerging markets, both in Africa and Asia.
Our success is rooted in our passion for our clients and everything we do is centered on our delivery of Insurance Good and Proper. We’re about people. People drive our business so it follows that we want to recruit the best people possible whether they work for us permanently or for a short time as temporary employees.
At Santam we are committed to transformation and embracing diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse workplace with employment equity as a key goal to create an inclusive workforce, representative of the demographics of our society. In achieving our employment equity goals we give preference to applicants from the designated groups in alignment with the Divisions Employment Equity targets.
Please note that this appointment will be made in line with the Divisional Employment Equity targets.
WHAT WILL YOU DO
The successful candidate will determine the quantum and merit of segmented non-motor claims by performing investigations, verifying the description of the event with the loss, negotiating with (client, intermediary and service providers), and settlement of claims within a delegated threshold and according to contract conditions.
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL IN THE ROLE
- Receiving instruction from Claims Service Consultant (appraisal notes & docs).
- Checking completion and correctness of document and policy conditions.
- Planning routes for claims, make arrangements and contacting clients.
- Identifying what is required and outstanding from the client.
- Deciding on what must be investigated and whether specialist expertise is required e.g. builder, engineer.
- Assessing risk to provide recommendations to underwriting.
- Appointing specialist resources if required.
- Interacting with the police, weather bureau etc. to assess merit.
- Comparing information collected to the policy requirements and claim details presented.
- Determining equivalent replacement and determine risk.
- Deciding and negotiating on replacement/cash/claims card.
- Authorizing repairs/cash settlement.
- Writing Claims Report and updating the central claims file.
- Handle and resolve clients/brokers complaints in a timely and fair manner.
- Managing relationships with client, broker, service providers and internal stakeholders (relationship managers, claims committee, opinions from underwriters); and
- Ensuring effective and continuous communication with all stakeholders.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Matric (Grade 12) with Mathematics.
- Short-term insurance qualification (NQF4) plus completed Digital Non-motor Assessors Skills Programme.
- Certified Fraud Examiner qualification advantageous.
- Five (5) years’ or more relevant experience at digital non-motor level (full spectrum), field assessing experience advantageous OR Seven (7) or more years’ relevant claims assessment experience (non-motor) (full spectrum).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- All relevant product training completed.
- Familiar with IM external systems.
- Must have experience in adjusting process, assessor reporting tools, building terminology, repair estimation on building damage, indemnity issues, non-standard roofing e.g., thatching, floor coverings, gyproc, building repair calculator and advanced electronic equipment.
- Ability to do investigations on buildings, its contents and fire.