Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Indwe Risk Services Recruitment 2023/2024.
Indwe Risk Services (Pty) Ltd operates as a short-term insurance broker. The Company provides insurance agent and broker services for a range of insurance types including commercial and industrial, restaurant, motor and household, transportation, and corporate.
We are recruiting to fill the following position below:
Job Title: Account Executive
With roots established in 1903, Indwe Risk Services (Pty) Ltd is today one of South Africa’s largest independent brokers, providing expert solutions that cover all your personal and business insurance and financial needs. Indwe Risk Services is always looking for passionate, dedicated, and innovative people to work in an ambitious and professional working environment. Join our team and become part of the Indwe family.
We require an Account Executive for our offices based in Port Elizabeth where the purpose is to grow market share by gaining, maintaining, growing, and retaining Business accounts.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Attend to all client queries (revision/ renewals, rate negotiations with insurers, amendments, cancellations, unpaid premiums)
- Do up and cross-selling of products
- Attend to audit lists regarding information captured into the system
- Minimise cancellations through regular and pro-active dealings with clients
- Assist clients with claims related problems and report all deviations to management
- Service Clients in accordance with the Indwe Minimum Commercial Service Standards
- Indwe Minimum Commercial Service Standards
- Retain, Develop and Grow existing clients.
- Provide after-sales service for new business
- Identify opportunities for up/cross-selling and write additional business
- Regular Networking
- Identify opportunities and implement marketing and promotional activities
- Build relationships through regular contact, identifying critical decision makers with all stakeholders (client, insurers, etc) ;
- Client Communication – Keep clients informed of developments in the industry and market
- Adhere to FAIS requirements and set company procedures
- Ensure that policies and endorsements are loaded onto the system
- Ensure that claims are registered and follow-up until claim is finalized.
- Maintain renewal lists and ensure that renewal schedules are sent to clients
- Responsible for proactive underwriting
- Business administration – new, amendments, additions, renewals
- Ensure all communication with the client is in accordance with FAIS minimum standards
- General correspondence and e-mails to clients according to company standards
- Compile and submit reports on time to line manager as per set standard
- Accurate and Prompt Partner registration and ensure that payments are made
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Level 4 FETC in Short-term Insurance
- Higher Certificate in Insurance
- Post-matric qualification is an advantage (BComm Risk/Accounting, BBA)
Passed RE Qualification
- Account Executive
Minimum 7 years of short-term insurance with 3 of the 7 years in a commercial account servicing and sales capacity.
- Experience working in a Brokerage
- Business Acumen (understand the economic environment & identify viable financial opportunities)
- Broking skills – medium to large commercial accounts
- Influencing and negotiation
- Computer Literacy
- Analytical Ability
- Decision making
- Time management
- Report Writing
- Ability to manage own work and outputs
- Insurance and brokerage industry and environment
- Knowledge of specialist liability is an advantage
- Commercial insurance knowledge to at least an intermediate level on all Commercial classes.
- Legal requirements of the insurance industry
- Marketing and sales principles
- Knowledge of products and services
- Interpersonal effectiveness
- Service Excellence
- Ability to effectively adapt to change
- Attention to detail
- Result-oriented / Deadline orientated
- Ability to work under pressure
- Work according to set policies and procedures
- Target driven
- Creative and innovative
- Ability to work in a team
How to Apply
Interested applicants should kindly visit the company website to get more details and submit the application(s).