Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Revenue Consulting (Pty) Ltd Recruitment 2023/2024.
We are recruiting to fill the following position below:
The primary objective of this position is to initiate debt collection activities in a courteous and professional manner. The Collections Consultant will administer the collection process within Excalibur, ensuring strict compliance with Revco’s and the client’s standard operating procedures and rules governing the debt collection industry. The incumbent will also be responsible for maintaining high productivity standards and achieving monthly cash targets as defined within Revco’s performance management system.
The Collections Consultant will take charge of the company’s collections efforts. Properly carry out all procedures to guarantee the utmost customer contentment and surpass service expectations. These procedures encompass comprehensive administration of all debts owed to the South African Revenue Services. Establish a culture of excellence and responsibility among the team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage multiple debtors acting as a 3rd party debt collector on behalf of the client, ensuring contact is made with Right Party Contacts (RPC) in compliance with company standards and call scripts.
- Collect outstanding tax related debts, and administer the submission of outstanding tax returns in accordance with Revco’s defined operating procedures.
- Create strategies to recover outstanding payments owed by the debtor and follow through with collection activity.
- Have an in-depth understanding of tracing accounts, identify the outstanding debt and then negotiate with the debtor a settlement offer or payment strategy.
- Negotiate settlements and fixed arrangements with debtors based on matters assigned daily through Excalibur and per standards defined by Revco;
- Identify and communicate outstanding tax-related returns per period, and secure submissions thereof by taxpayers in compliance with the Tax Administration Act.
- Effectively deal with queries, questions, complaints, and objections from the debtors
- Administer the collections process in a professional, respectful and positive manner to all debtors in full compliance with the code of ethical practices as defined by the Debt Collector Act;
- Update Excalibur with full compliance with the call administration process as per the company’s standard operating practices, including detailed and accurate debtor engagement notes.
- Perform a requisite number of daily calls, emails and WhatsApps through Excalibur ensuring that all calls and communications are logged, aimed at establishing a minimum number of contacts per day, as defined from time to time; as well as perform a prerequisite number and value of PTP per day to ensure the achievement of the monthly cash-in-bank target as defined per the performance management policy
- Adhere to company policies and procedures, corporate governance, and the code of ethical standards as per the Debt Collector Act framework
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Grade 12 – With Accounting and Mathematics
- Minimum of 2-5 years of collection Experience;
- Experience in the Financial Services Sector would be an advantage
- Collection on outstanding tax-related matters will be an advantage;
- Clear Criminal Record and Credit Score
- Registered debt collector/eligible to register as a debt collector;
- Excellent communications skills are essential in English, additional language (advantageous)
- Experience dealing with corporates/ businesses/ consumers/ individuals and tax practitioners is essential
Package & Remuneration
How to Apply
If you are interested in the position send your cv to [email protected] with the reference CCBENSS