Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for West Coast Personnel Recruitment 2023/2024.
We are recruiting to fill the following position below:
Job Title: Instrumentation Technician
DAYBREAK FARMS requires the services of a suitably qualified, well-motivated and results driven Instrumentation Technician, to be based at both Sundra & Delmas abattoirs.
Key Performance Indicators
Duties Include but not limited to the following:
- Maintain relevant MMS or INNOVA infrastructure.
- Manage Junior systems and Scales technician staff.
- Knowledge of Meat Management System (MMS), support and maintenance as well as Server room management, including daily backups is important.
- Installation and maintenance of computer hardware and software at all business units including projects management.
- Innovation to improve processes and add value to the organization through overseeing daily plant maintenance activities.
- Ensure cost controls and spending with budget and compile cost trends and present to engineering department.
- Work with Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) software, hardware wiring, drives (Siemens and Alan Bradley) and all measuring instruments (scales, weighbridges, counters, temperature controllers. (Digital and analog).
- Ensure availability of Active Directory, Server installation & management, Exchange, Internet servers
- Working with LAN, WAN, 3G and connectivity mediums with knowledge on functions of systems and MMS/INNOVA.
- Panel PC, Switch setup, Network hardware and software setup including support and maintenance of MMS infrastructure.
- SQL experience as well as Backup and Disaster recovery exposure.
- Clarion coding experience (Advantageous).
- Knowledge on Server management, setup, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of DIGI, IWX and Marel, ISHIDA multi-weighing and check weighing.
- Knowledge of grading lines and DPS scales.
- Issuing of Job cards to Artisans and Ensuring completion of job cards and check sheets.
- Ensure completion of planned maintenance tasks, good workshop housekeeping and implement housekeeping schedule.
- Keep working area neat and clean.
- Ensure sufficient availability of critical and normal spares through requesting supplier quotes as well as ordering of spares.
- Recommend the need to replace machinery and equipment and ensure that all electrical equipment is serviced and in good condition.
- Ensure that all programmable logic controllers’ hardware, software is working and in compliance with the requirements.
- Oversee training of all his employees, apprentices, and guarantee that mandatory trainings are completed in set time.
- Offer guidance and mentoring to artisans and technicians.
- Demonstrate a viable succession plan for all key positions.
- Enforcing of safe working procedures and ensure compliance to PPE requirements.
- Develop and maintain a workplace safety culture and the completion of risk assessment as well as ensure artisans’ availability as safety representatives and safety meetings.
- Enforce compliance to environment regulation, OSHAct, and its regulations and incorporated standards.
- Ensure that all electrical installation meet incorporated standards as well as ensuring that the condition of equipment, products, procedures, process used comply with all Quality standards.
- Be available if nominated for quality committees’ meetings.
Qualifications & Experience
- Matric / Grade 12 / N4 with Math’s and Science.
- 2 to 3 years relevant experience.
- N6 /Diploma in Instrumentation with Trade test or a relevant IT qualification.
- Degree in the related field would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Electrical, Pneumatic and Hydraulic circuits, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) and Mechanical Equipment operational Principles.
- 5 years’ experience in Food or meat processing environment (FMCG) is advantageous.
- Computer literacy.
- Proven experience with Programmable logic Controller (PLC) software, hardware wiring, drives (Siemens and Alan Bradley) and all measuring instruments such as, scales, weighbridges, counters, printers, temperature controllers’ (digital and analog).
- Ability to lead, guide and train a team of technicians on shift and must possess critical decision-making abilities including resolving issues such as conflict.
- Ability to manage and allocate resources such as human and capital resources for the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
Package & Remuneration
Applicants who have not heard from us within 30 days of the closing date may assume that their applications have been unsuccessful and are hereby thanked for their interest.
The filling of these positions will be aligned to DAYBREAK FARMS’ Employment Equity Policy