Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Ford Motor Company of South Africa Ltd Recruitment 2023/2024
We are recruiting to fill the following position below:
Job Title: Robotic Technician
A position has become available for Robotic Technician to join our dynamic team, based in Pretoria.
Responsible person will be required to maintain robotic equipment and/or related automated production systems while ensuring equipment uptime by reducing Mean Time To Repair (MTTR) and proactively planning preventative measures.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To maintain facility by completing all scheduled planned Maintenance – 100% completion
- To identify all corrective maintenance activities and have a proactive approach – 100% completion.
- Manage effective approach to Emergency Maintenance (EM) downtime.
- Effective root causes analysis towards downtime.
- Proactive approach to Maintenance Operating System (MOS).
- Responsible approach to all Safety standard regulations.
Performance Measures/ Success Criteria+95% Equipment uptime
- Reduce breakdown Mean Time To Repair (MTTR)
- 100% Area Preventative/Corrective Maintenance (PM/CM) Completion
- Plan and execute maintenance activities in line with Maintenance Operating System (MOS).
- Undertake root cause analysis and ensure Permanent Corrective Actions (PCA’s) are implemented.
Desired Experience & Qualification
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Troubleshoot equipment problems. (Electrically, Mechanically)
- Robot teaching and program modifications.
- Robot Repair – Motor change, Gun zeroing, Load and save programs,
- Program offset, Understand Fault codes, Internal harness change, Gear change process, Pc card change and setup
- Proven Experience in Kawasaki/ Kuka Robots.
- PLC fault finding and programming in ladder.
- Experience in Allen Bradley ControlLogix/Siemens S7 PLCs.
- Know how to operate and program SCADA/HMI systems.
- Experience in Win CC Flex and FactoryTalk.
- Drive fault finding and programming.
- Experience in SEW, Siemens and Allen Bradley Drives and Motors.
- Electric resistance welding experience with the focus on maintaining the equipment. This includes cap changes.
- Experience in Bosh adaptive welding.
- Experience in Auto Sealer systems repair, fault finding and programing (SCA).
- Identify, troubleshoot and solve network related issues and problems efficiently utilizing monitoring tools and reference materials.
- Experience in Profibus, Profinet and Ethernet.
- Fault finding knowledge using E-plan.
- Proficient in transfer and hoist systems.
- Fixture, tooling design and manufacturing experience.
- Assembly Jig optimization to drive quality improvement.
- Behavioral Skill.
- Ability to convey accurate, detailed information verbally or in written form in English.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Accurately filling out daily reports e.g. Paynter charts, Corrective maintenance and so forth.
- Ability to work autonomously, think analytically and to make sound judgements.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements of the department/position.
Qualifications and Experience
- National Diploma: Engineering Mechatronics or electrical OR
- N4 plus trade Millwright/Electrical
- Minimum of 2-3-year skilled Body shop experience working in the maintenance department
Package & Remunerations
How to Apply
Interested applicants should kindly visit the company website to get more details and submit the application(s).