Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Opus Employment Pty Ltd Recruitment 2023/2024.
Opus Employment operates as a recruitment service provider for permanent, outsourced, contractual, and temporary staff. It provides several integrated services such as training and assessment technologies to complement and optimize the efficiency of the Recruitment process.
We are recruiting to fill the following position below:
Job Title: IT PROJECT MANAGER – MENLYNIntroduction
The Client is embarking on an exciting modernisation journey, to expand its services to more clients, modernise core functions to microservices and build an Open API Platform.
We are looking for team members who can apply deep engineering principles into modern
technology and architecture, who can recognise and dive into complexity, and can present
simplicity in design and execution – a team player, who loves to learn and teach others
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage all phases of the DevOps Sprint Cycle e.g., definition of ready, backlog, sprint, delivery, and definition of done.
- Document and keep track of projects as well as administrative actions within your projects.
- Extensive knowledge of project management processes and systems development methods.
- Knowledge of project planning techniques and automated project planning tools required.
- Manage project scope and risks, investigate and make recommendations on issues that challenge scope boundaries.
- Monitor and report on project progress, highlighting critical issues to management, and, if necessary, coordinate the development, discussion, and approval of corrective action and/or contingency plans.
- Manage stakeholder relations and expectations to ensure that project delivery scope is specified and met.
- Plan and implement change management processes.
- Ensure project activities and deliverables adhere to internal quality standards.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Provide clear direction and motivation to project team.
- Run daily, weekly, and monthly agile rituals efficiently and effectively (Grooming sessions, demos etc.)
- Track work progress to identify blockages and developer divergence from allocated tasks.
- Manage Business, Operational Staff and Product owners from interference with the development structure.
- Control channels for submission of development work requests.
- Manage user stories that do not contain the right level of detail from entering the development structure.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively manage multiple work streams simultaneously.
- Guide and coach, the team to follow Project management and Agile best practices.
- Create visibility of the progress on the work streams in terms of weekly reporting to stakeholders and executives.
- Coach, mentor, train and otherwise support other team members in the fulfilment of their project support functions.
- Solid grasp of how to motivate, protect and create flow in software development and QA teams.
- Guide and coach, the team to be self-organised.
- Work proficiently with minimal direction.
- Adhere to the standard operating procedures provided.
- Ensure Azure and Teams is updated accordingly for audit purposes.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- PMP, CAPM, Agile, DevOps and/or Scrum Master certification or equivalent, will be beneficial.
- Project management or related degree will be beneficial.
- Matric or equivalent qualification recognised by the Department of Higher Education and Training.
- At least 4 – 5 years in a Project Management role.
- Experience in working directly with clients and a demonstrated track record of building relationships with client Senior and C-Suite management will be beneficial.
- Experience working within a Banking domain managing multiple IT software development projects, will be beneficial.
- Strong Agile knowledge i.e., Scrum methodology, DevOps.
- MS Office advanced (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams).
- This role requires the candidate to have strong project management and agile methodology experience.
- Experience working withing a DevOps environment is ideal.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should kindly visit the company website to get more details and submit the application(s).