Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Herbert Evans Group (Pty) Ltd Recruitment 2023/2024.
The Herbert Evans Group is involved in the retail paint industry through our shop network (6 stores) in Gauteng, with minor paint manufacturing servicing the industrial and related industries. We also have 2 specialist art supplies shops in Linden and Fourways.
Job Title: Financial Manager
Duties & Responsibilities
The Financial Manager position is accountable for the administrative, financial and risk management operations of the group, which includes the development of a financial and operational strategy, KPI’s tied to that strategy, and the on-going development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
Principal accountabilities are:
- Assist in formulating the group’s strategy.
- Implementation of strategic business plans at group and subsidiary level
- Develop and maintain performance measures that support the company’s strategic direction:
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Capital allocation.
- Develop KPI’s
- Monitoring and control:
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team.
- Optimisation of group debt
- Cash allocation and control
- Monthly management reporting
- Group level
- Store level
- Measurement against KPI’s
- Strategic recommendations
- Ability to manage the roll out of effective business systems in a cost-effective manner.
- Good working knowledge of business systems including reporting functions.
- Oversee group technology function including accounting and business systems.
- General management of the accounting, payroll, investor relations, legal and insurance function
- Oversee the financial operations of subsidiary companies.
- Statutory reporting
- Secretarial work
- Manage relationship with outsourced service provider.
- Board packs and minute taking
- Tax administration
- Manage VAT, STC and IT
- Liaising with external tax advisors as appropriate
- Be responsible and complete all tax returns for group companies.
- Supervisor to:
- Financial department
- Payroll section
Dotted line supervisor to store managers in relation to financial control
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Qualification required:
- At least a BCom Accounting degree
- A group financial manager from a “best practice” background in a retail /manufacturing or related industries
- Skills Required:
- Some experience in a similar position
- Ability to interact at board level and participate in strategic decision making.
- Self-driven and motivated
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong and up to date IT skills on packages such as Ms Office, Qlicksense, Python, Xero, Pastel accounting
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise and plan.
Package & Remuneration
Depending on experience a CTC package of R 700k to R 900k
How to Apply
Interested applicants should kindly visit the company website to get more details and submit the application(s).