Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Tolcon Group (Pty) Ltd Recruitment 2023/2024.
Tolcon Group is the leading transport infrastructure management Group in South Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the following position below:
Job Title: Tunnel Official
We are looking for an experienced Tunnel Official in Huguenot Toll Plaza , Western Cape.
Main Job Purpose
To perform duties thereby ensuring/effective vehicle throughput, customer satisfaction and the achievement of departmental and company objectives
Duties & Responsibilities
- Patrolling designated section of N1 Toll Road
- Escort vehicles carrying hazardous goods through the tunnel with an escort vehicle.
- Reporting/removing of objects which may threaten safety of users.
- Assisting road users in case of breakdowns with petrol, water and changing tyres, etc.
- Responding to accidents and providing first aid where necessary
- Maintain neatness and taking care of all equipment.
- Record and report all damages to the Control Room
- Performing pre – warning to secure scenes of accidents, incidents, and breakdowns
- Checking heavy vehicles to confirm to the basic requirement as laid down in the procedures.
- Drive/Transport staff to and from work and around work area
- Attend to incidents/accidents.
- Check vehicles (heavy) to confirm to the basic minimums as laid-down in the Procedures, legislation, and contract.
- Drive/Transport staff to and from work and around works area.
- Examine vehicles at entrance point to validate passage for eligible use of the drive.
- Compliance with SHEQ
- Ensure incidents/accidents are investigated in accordance with the procedures.
- Ensure that hatches are escorted properly through the tunnel.
- Monitor and check all haz-data declarations during shifts.
Physical Demands and Work Environment.
- Attend team safety toolbox briefing/ talk at the commencement of every shift and/ or specific/ unique task.
- Ensure appropriate PPE is used and in good condition to perform specific tasks/ working conditions.
- Identify and report any SHE incidents/ accidents immediately as per the SHE system.
- Identify and report unsafe conditions that could lead to unsafe working conditions and/ or environmental harm immediately.
- Monitor and identify work practices to ensure work is performed in accordance with relevant HSE working procedures/ work instructions.
- Monitor housekeeping and ensure HSE standards are maintained.
- Performs tasks assigned in terms of the SHE system.
- Ensures no cash, gifts, etc are accepted for personal favours.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Minimum Grade 12 Certificate
- Certificate in Call Centre management (will be advantageous)
- Medical and Fire Fighting Certificate
- At least 2 year’s call centre Experience
- Must be in possession of a valid Code 10 including a Professional Drivers Permit
- MS Office (Intermediate in PowerPoint, Excel, MS Word, and Microsoft Outlook)
- Able to work well in a team.
- Able to work shifts,
- Good health and physically fit in the event of being co-opted into the emergency team attending to a motor vehicle accident, or any other roadside of emergency.
Required competencies to meet the job outcomes.
- Good people skills
- Ability to cope with unusual work schedules.
- Team player
- Communication skills (both written & Verbal)
- Telephone Skills
- Attention to detail.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Reporting skills
Package & Remuneration
How to Apply
Interested applicants should kindly visit the company website for more details and submit the application(s).