Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Talent Match Consulting Recruitment 2023/2024.
We are recruiting to fill the following position below:
Job Title: Key Account Manager – Durban
Brief Description of the Role
The position of key account manager is to maintain solid relationships with all retail partners. The key account manager’s responsibilities include growing the revenue by ensuring that all key accounts are satisfied with the services provided including, but not limited to on time deliveries, in full deliveries and error free deliveries. Identifying new business opportunities for key accounts, and attending all meetings, conventions, and training workshops. You should also be able to develop relationships with potential new retail accounts.
To be successful as a key account manager, you should be able to analyse data and sales statistics, sell out reporting and fully understand the demand planning process. Planning sell-out activities and business and marketing strategies are critical to this role. Ultimately, an exceptional key account manager should be able to manage multiple key accounts without compromising on the quality of services provided.
The successful key accounts manager, must know the retail landscape and market dynamics and would have previously worked in a retail buying, planning or supply chain environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Building the team dynamics and conforming to the Clients brand DNA – Culture is critical!
- Developing and sustaining solid relationships with key retail accounts and drive the companies objectives.
- Addressing and resolving key account issues and manage the portfolio’s.
- Acting as the main point of contact between key retailers and internal teams.
- Supervising the account teams assigned to each key retailer.
- Communicating and collaborating with the advertising, design, marketing, sales, and logistics departments to ensure that key retailers need are met.
- Compiling reports on account progress, goals, and forecasts for account teams and stakeholders.
- Developing a thorough understanding of key accounts needs and requirements and preparing customized solutions.
- Negotiating contracts with key retailers and meeting established deadlines for the fulfilment of each partners long-term goals.
- Assign the team to specific duties to provide the highest quality of customer Service.
- Direct and manage the team involved in sales, inventory management, reconciling the accounts, and most importantly performing services for customers.
- Building demand plans and communicating forecasts to the business.
- Liaising with the product management teams to ensure timelines and product launches are well planned.
- Managing and customer sales, deliveries and after sales aspects of all sales.
- Plays an active role in the executive management team.
Desired Experience & Qualification
Qualifications and Requirements
- Matric + Tertiary Qualification in business management studies, preferably in a retail environment.
- Full understanding of the planning and buying process in a retail environment.
- Great negotiation skills.
- Detail understanding of the retail supply chain.
- Ability to give full attention to others and to respond to the team with solutions and clear direction.
- Ability to monitor performance of team and seek out strengths and weaknesses of the team and deploy leadership practices to enhance strengths and develop weaknesses.
- Obsessively Enthusiastic – Highly energised brand Ambassador
- Self-Control – Job requires maintaining composure and keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behaviour, even in exceedingly difficult situations
- Dependability – Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable and fulfilling all obligations.
- Stress Tolerance – Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with stressful situations
- Integrity – Job requires being honest and ethical
Package & Remuneration
Salaries are market related and will be discussed with candidates on interview
Should you not receive feedback withing 14 days of your application, please take it your application has not been successful
How to Apply
Interested applicants should kindly visit the company website for more details and submit the application(s).