Amasiko Group Recruitment 2023/2024
Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Amasiko Group Recruitment 2023/2024.
We are recruiting to fill the following position below:
Job Title: Specialist: Advance Tax Rulings
Our client based in Pretoria is looking for a Specialist in Advance Tax Ruilings to provide expertise and advice when analysing, researching, evaluating and issuing rulings regarding the tax treatment of proposed transactions. To perform specialised projects identified in the Division as well as undertaking technical reviews of interpretative documents and rulings produced by the division. The candidate will be part of the highly skilled team who is responsible for issuing advance rulings as provided for in Chapter 7 of the Tax Administration Act 28 of 2011.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Issue binding private and class rulings.
- Draft and review memorandums relating to advance tax ruling applications regarding the tax treatment of proposed business transactions after an in-depth and comprehensive evaluation of the implications of a ruling, the cross-border environment, tax administration in general, and tax policy.
- Interpret legislation and provide specialist advice.
- Draw on your own technical or professional expertise, knowledge, and experience to identify & recommend solutions to defined problems.
- Ensure rulings are issued and published within the allowed timeframes.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders and report back on a regular basis to the Manager/Senior Manager: Advance Tax Rulings.
- Advise or provide guidance to the company’s senior management and/or National Treasury where required on advance tax rulings and related matters, including deficiencies in current legislation.
- Ensure the maintenance and preservation of confidentiality and secrecy in respect of all matters considered as part of the rulings process and outcome.
- Properly record and account for hours spent on each ruling.
- Ensure continuity by comparative analysis with best practices worldwide.
- Manage the ruling process and adherence to Advance Tax Rulings policies and procedures, including ensuring rulings are technically correct, that all rulings are quality assured and counter signed; and managing quotes and time spent on rulings to ensure efficiency and delivery on expectations within determined timeframes and budget allocation.
- Assist with the improvement of the division’s processes and internal governance by identifying areas of improvement, making recommendations, and participating in formal discussions on all identified areas.
- Provide guidance, advice, and assistance to team members involved in the rulings process and identify training and development needs within the team to ensure the efficient utilization of resources.
- Assist in the development of other personnel in the division by contributing to technical discussions, presenting training, and assisting with the on-the-job transfer of knowledge.
- Perform specialized projects identified in the division and undertake technical reviews of interpretative documents and rulings.
- Develop and/or align governance, risk and compliance policy in own practice area to identify and manage governance and risk exposure liability.
- Integrate new knowledge and transfer skills attained through formal and informal learning opportunities in the execution of your job.
- Provide specialist know-how, support, advice, and practice thought leadership in area of expertise.
- Develop & ensure implementation of a practice that builds service delivery excellence & encourages others to provide exceptional stakeholder service.
- Participate in the specialist practice community and contribute positively to organizational knowledge management.
- Provide authoritative, specialist expertise to internal and external stakeholders
- Implement and monitor financial control, management of costs, and corporate governance in the area of accountability.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- LLB or B. Com and 8-10 years’ experience in a tax technical, legal, or consulting environment, of which 3-4 years ideally at a managing level.
- The following would be advantageous:
- A postgraduate, or similar, qualification in tax or accounting.
- Admitted to practice as an attorney; or
- CA (SA).
- A relevant degree and at least 8 years experience in a tax technical environment, wherein the candidate consulted on legal matters, which involved the interpretation of statutes and the drafting of opinions.
- Minimum functional requirements
- Advanced interpretational skills, which must be employed to accurately interpret legislation using the appropriate interpretation tools and methods.
- The ability to function independently whilst researching and unpacking various issues of companies operating in various industries, which often require good business acumen and a broad knowledge base
- Advanced to expert writing skills are an important requirement, seeing that the candidate must be able to present his or her research, argument, and conclusion regarding the tax implication of the facts presented. The candidate must have the writing ability to take the reader seamlessly and fluently through complex transactions and their tax implications.
- The ability to debate, substantiate and defend any argument made and conclusion reached.
- The ability to identify and advise on tax policy issues that arise in advance tax ruling applications.
- The ability to take a senior informative and leading role in all team engagements, to mentor and guide junior team members in complex tax technical issues.
- The ability to teach and share expert knowledge to develop institutional knowledge and build the team’s technical capacity.
- The ability to operate almost independently from the manager’s input during research, drafting of memorandums and committee consultations, as well as executive briefings.
- The ability to lead discussions in any environment
Package & Remuneration
- Market-Related Salary
- Medical Aid
- Provident Fund
How to Apply
Interested applicants should kindly visit the company website to get more details and submit the application(s).