Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Amasiko Group Recruitment 2023/2024.
We are recruiting to fill the following position below:
Job Title: Legal Advisor: Commercial (temp) – 6 Months
Our client is looking for a qualified Legal advisor to provide prompt and sound legal advice and support to the Company in particular the Fund Management Division.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To provide prompt and sound legal advice and support to the Company in particular the Fund Management Division.
- Form part of the investment team and consult regularly with team on proposed structure and developments and legal implications thereof.
- Attend due diligence assessment relating to Company’s investments.
- Performing legal due diligence assessments on deals.
- Identify legal risks and recommend mitigation methods for the risks relating to Company’s investments.
- Provide legal input to submission papers prepared for Investment Committee(s).
- Drafting, vetting and negotiating a range of commercial agreements e.g. loan agreements, sale of shares, sales of business, security documents etc. in line with Company’s funding terms and conditions.
- Ensure agreements are legally accurate and in accordance with the term sheet and Investment Committee approval.
- Ensure agreements are in line with latest legal developments.
- Manage costs/budget for work carried out externally
Desired Experience & Qualification
- LLB – Admitted attorney with at least 3 years post article experience.
- At least 3 – 5 years job related corporate and commercial law and banking and finance principles.
- Working knowledge of various computer programmes including Power Point, MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- In depth knowledge of laws and legal processes in respect of Company core business (primarily relating to Corporate Finance, Structured Finance and Investment Banking).
- Working knowledge of other areas of law e.g. Tax, Companies Act, Insolvency, Labour Law.
- Experience in legal due diligence.
- Working knowledge of finance.
- Ability to work on your own and within a team.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Highly effective communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Attention to detail.
- Articulate and detail conscious.
- Negotiation skills.
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Legal drafting skills.
- Professional and courteous to all clients (internal and external).
- Accuracy in preparing legal documentation.
- Ability to advice on legal issues related to Company business.
- Ability to convey legal opinion and argue legally.
Package & Remuneration
- Market Related Salary.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should kindly visit the company website to get more details and submit the application(s).