Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Sonae Arauco South Africa (Pty) Ltd Recruitment 2023/2024.
Founded in 1970 with the mission of producing and managing renewable forestry resources, Arauco is today an international benchmark in terms of forestry and industrial plants, efficiency, production standards, innovation, environmental responsibility, and social commitment.
We are recruiting to fill the following position below:
Job Title: GRADUATE INTERNSHIP – HSE INTERN- WHITE RIVER
At Sonae Arauco South Africa, our internships are structured as experiential learning that integrates knowledge and theory learned in the classroom with practical application and development of skills in a professional setting. Our Internships give graduates the opportunity to gain valuable applied experience in professional fields they are considering for career paths.
The Sonae Arauco Internship Program provides Sonae Arauco with an opportunity to help young people to launch their careers, grow and demonstrate their potential.
For our local operation and manufacturing plant we offer an exciting HSE internship opportunity in our Quality Division located in White River, Mpumalanga:
Duties & Responsibilities
Assistance to ensure compliance with the Occupational Health and safety act and Regulations (85 of 1993)
Assistance to ensure compliance with NEMA, Water Act, waste act, Air emission act, etc.
Auditing-ISO 45001/14001 Management System, OHSACT, and NEMA
Assist in implementing site procedures, Corporate standards, requirements, and safety drives
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Uphold integrity and confidentiality
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to work independently
- Positive attitude
- Willingness to learn
- Commitment to self-study and reading
- Ability to build positive and lasting relationships
- Sound work ethic
- Time management
- Professional behavior
- Enthusiasm and ability to self-motivate
- Able to learn quickly.
- Able to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information
- Innovation, initiative, and pro-activity
- Work experience during school or as a student would be preferred.
- Involvement in tertiary institutions, schools, or communities showing active participation.
- Sports and hobbies.
- Interests related to the chosen profession.
- Broad understanding of insight into timber/wood board manufacturing as an industry.
- High-level understanding of the function they are being hosted in as a discipline and a career.
Package & Remuneration
- 12 month FTC
- R10,000 pm
- Performance related bonus
- 15 days annual leave
What we offer you as an Intern:
- Mentoring by a professionally experienced and qualified mentor
- Evaluation & feedback on learning goals
- Training and Education including a formal and accredited learnership sponsored during the period of internship
- Recognition and reward for achievements
- Autonomy to do the work and gain relevant and meaningful experience
- Personal growth
- Real professional challenges
- Accountability for fulfilling your role and responsibilities
- Support to learn and gain professional experience and exposure
- Team spirit and belonging.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should kindly visit the company website to get more details and submit the application(s).