Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Prologue Consulting Recruitment 2023/2024.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Legal Advisor (Commercial)
To provide general legal support as part of the deal structuring team. Furthermore, fulfil all statutory, reporting and legal advisory services in accordance with business requirements as well as to provide legal solutions that minimize risk for all complex transactions like acquisitions and green-fields projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- se the commercial aspects of the transaction
- Draft, vet and negotiate a range of commercial agreements
- Ensure agreements are legally accurate and in accordance with the term sheet and as approved by the Investment Committee
- Ensure agreements are compliant with latest legal developments
- Provide prompt and sound legal advice and support
Consult regularly with team on proposed structures, developments and legal implications thereof
- Attend due diligence assessments relating to organization’s investments.
- Conduct due diligence on transactions to support investment teams.
- Negotiate for deals Committees.
- Provide legal input to submission papers prepared for Investment Committees.
- Participate in Committees as requested.
- Conduct presentations as part of the deal team.
- Build understanding of legal issues, risks and obligations through advice, communications and training for clients.
- Give input to ensure appropriate legal policies and practices are in place to manage the legal obligations and legal risks of the department effectively.
- Manage costs/budget for work carried out externally and legal costs of litigation.
- Identify legal risks and recommend mitigation methods for the risks relating to organisation’s investments.
- Monitor progress on work done by legal advisors.
- Checking and supervising other legal advisors’ agreement(s).
- Providing skills transfer and mentoring other legal advisors.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Minimum 5 years’ post articles experience in similar environment i.e. Private equity, Corporate finance, Management Consulting etc.
- General litigation experience.
- Experience in securities law; and/or
- Experience in insolvency law; and/or
- Solid experience in commercial law; and/or
- Proven working knowledge of Company law, Tax law and NCR
- Experience in legal due diligence.
- Working knowledge of finance.
- Experience in mergers and acquisitions is advantageous.
- In-depth knowledge of laws and legal processes relating to Corporate Finance, Structured Finance and Investment Banking.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should kindly visit the company website to get more details and submit the application(s).