Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Cash Crusaders Franchising (Pty) Ltd Recruitment 2023/2024.
Cash Crusaders Franchising (Pty) Limited is a reputable firm agency in South Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the following position below:
Job Title: IT Manager – Muizenberg Cape Town
The IT Manager is responsible for leading and managing the IT department, which includes the Web Development team, CashPos team, IT Support, and Product Management teams. The IT Manager is responsible for the daily management of the company’s information technology (IT) infrastructure, operations, and software. This includes planning, designing, implementing, and managing all IT systems and services. The IT Manager also oversees the IT staff and ensures that they are meeting the needs of the business.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Guide and manage large IT projects, including the design and deployment of new IT systems and services.
- Help scope and define projects to improve IT and Business systems, architecture, and processes in line with Project Focus Area objectives.
- Monitor performance of information technology projects to determine cost and productivity levels, and to make recommendations for improving the IT processes.
- Analyse business requirements by partnering with key stakeholders across the organization to develop solutions.
- Liaise with vendors and business to develop test strategies for new hardware and software.
- Report on hardware and software issues related to IT systems and projects.
- Give weekly feedback at the Development Forum on project statuses.
- Develop and implement IT strategies that align with the business goals.
- Manage IT resources, including hardware, software, personnel, and systems daily.
- Manage IT support to the business, including troubleshooting problems, providing training, and developing new applications.
- Work with the relevant stakeholders to develop and implement a security plan to protect the company’s data and systems.
- Oversee the development and implementation of the company’s disaster recovery plan.
- Monitor business critical IT functions like uptime, backups\replication, data availability, support tickets, business reports and general IT processes daily and escalate any potential issues timeously and pro-actively.
Manage his\her part the IT budget.
- Ensure that standard daily, weekly, and monthly reports, activities, and processes run and report\escalate pro-actively when there are issues.
- Effectively communicate with stakeholders when exceptions are noted.
- Design training programs and workshops for staff
- Conduct regular system audits.
- Running and sharing regular operation system reports with senior staff
- Overseeing and determining timeframes for major IT projects including system updates, upgrades, migrations, and outages
- Have monthly 1:1 feedback and assessment meetings with all staff directly reporting to him\her.
- To manage and assist with any priority tasks that may assigned from time to time.
Job Location: Hybrid between work-from-home and corporate offices in Muizenberg, Western Cape
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science\IT management or related industry qualifications
- 8+ years of experience in IT management
- Strong understanding of IT infrastructure, IT Service Management, Leadership and People Management
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with agile development methodologies and web development practices. Managed IT Teams before.
- Solid experience with DevOps practices – JIRA, Confluence, Delibr would be plus.
- Exposure to a variety of IT technologies:
- Back End
- ASP.Net (Core – Optional)
- Front End
- HTML 5
- Code management
- Delibr would be a plus
- CI\CD pipelines
- Back End
- Experience with big data technologies
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent leadership, organisational and communication skills
- Online retail experience will be an advantage.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply.