Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Pinkmatter Solutions Recruitment 2023/2024.
Pinkmatter is a leading Earth observation software company established in 2002, servicing the global market, with offices located in South Africa, Canada, and the United States of America.
We are recruiting to fill the following position below:
Job Title: Java Tech Lead
Software development company is looking for new talent in Pretoria (Far East) to work in the exciting world of satellite imaging. We build cutting-edge software products used by international customers across the globe.
Duties & Responsibilities
Team lead and planning
- Display the technical and organizational expertise to proactively lead and guide a team of software developers.
- Ensure that the team produces high quality code that is maintainable, consistent, performant, stable, scalable, secure and employs clean designs and best practices.
- Ensures the team meets deadlines and produces results that meet required standards.
- Work closely with the software architect and product owner to plan and design new product features.
- Assist project manager with planning by prioritizing development tasks, and doing task breakdowns and time estimates.
- Take responsibility for release planning.
- Liaise with tech ops team to ensure thorough testing, and smooth deployment and operation of production systems.
Development and design
- Day-to-day Java and web front-end development.
- Work on new and existing products and product eco-systems in a distributed environment that includes online portals, web applications, server software and web services with secure communication on-premises and in the cloud.
- Design a system to allow for release of minimum features while keeping future requirements and extensions in mind for a successful long-term roadmap.
- Manage the complexities of large code bases with modular designs.
- Manage the long-term design life cycle of off-the-shelf products with upgrades, backward compatibility, and long-term support.
- Select appropriate frameworks, libraries, technologies, and approaches for new product developments.
- Research new technologies and keep up to date with the latest trends and technologies.
- Prototype and develop core modules, libraries, and features.
- Mentor junior developers.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or computer science
- 7+ years of software development experience with strongly typed languages (e.g., Java, C#, etc.).
- Fluent in Java
- Experience with Azure and/or AWS cloud platform
- Experience with system and API design
- Strong knowledge of software patterns and development best practices
- Solid experience with Angular web front-end development
- Permanent positions on site
- Java, Spring Framework
- Azure/AWS cloud platform
- Angular, Typescript
- RESTful Web Services, message queues
- SQL and No-SQL Databases
You will need to be:
- Excited about technology
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment
- Analytical, critical thinker, creative problem solver
- Able to clearly express ideas, concepts, and opinions
- Able to understand a complex system as a whole
- Able to break down complex problems into smaller parts and translate it into actionable tasks
- Love building software
Package & Remuneration
Depends on experience.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should e-mail your CV to: [email protected]