Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Sublime Technologies (Pty) Ltd Recruitment 2023/2024.
We are recruiting to fill the following position below:
Job Title: Accountant
To ensure appropriate accounting, controls, and practices are in place to support finance and procurement needs for operational function, to mitigate associated risks and to achieve clean external audits.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Apply and ensure the application of accounting processes efficiently within site-specific environments (finance and procurement department) by following set procedures, and standards and working within set systems (e.g., SAP) to effectively deliver outputs.
- Strive to mitigate risk through adherence to compliance and control frameworks, parameters, and policies.
- Responsible to ensure efficiencies and effectiveness of accounting activities for site-specific environments in line with financial policies, frameworks, and objectives.
- Support the Financial Manager in the execution and achievement of activities and deliverables within designated area (financial and procurement department) of the accounting and reporting function. In the areas of statutory accounting, financial reporting, technical accounting through the application of and adherence to accounting practices, disciplines, controls, and governance.
- Review and update controls to establish a robust financial control environment governing accounting and reporting functions for designated areas drawing on technical financial and accounting knowledge, skills, and experience.
- Ensure by adhering to financial reporting cycles, timeous reporting, ensuring data is accurate, meaningful, and properly prepared on standardized template/s per regulatory requirements and Company reporting requirements.
- Review accounting deliverables (including monthly and year-end deliverables) by initiating queries and interrogating the quality of data and associated commentaries, applying technical accounting knowledge, skills and experience as required.
- Perform appropriate tasks within the accounting function on balance sheet, sub-ledgers, financial arrangements- and policies.
- Identify areas of improvement within the accounting function through analysis, observation, and evaluation and review and monitor of implementation.
- Perform accounting transactions and/or financial arrangements by providing proposed treatment by drawing on appropriate accounting practices and conventions.
CUSTOMER & STAKEHOLDER
- Participate actively in relevant meetings and discussions relating to accounting topics and agenda items adding value to discussions and decision-making through contributions of accounting controls, checks, balances, and governance.
LEARNING GROWTH & ORGANISATION
- Supervise direct reconciliations and documents to ensure performance outputs and standards and take corrective action as necessary.
- Allocate priority work and follow up to ensure appropriate action/results.
- Ensure reconciliations and documents received are accurate and completed and to a standard considering changes in the accounting and reporting environment.
- Communicate organizational and workplace changes as per directives received from management to direct reports and ensure understanding.
Competencies and Attributes:
- Advanced knowledge of financial accounting policies and regulations.
- Advanced knowledge of financial controls and governance.
- Knowledge of company systems.
- Knowledge of production process.
- Time management.
- Organization skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Management skills.
- MS Office skills.
- Time management.
- Attention to detail.
- Management skills
Qualifications (Minimum): Bcom Accounting degree
Qualification (Advantageous): Bachelor of Commerce Honours Chartered Accountancy [CTA] / CA(SA)
Work experience (Minimum): 3 Years of Financial Accounting experience
Submit your CV by Friday 25 August 2023.
Interviews with applicable assessments will be used in order to fill the above-mentioned positions. Should you not hear from us in 14 days, consider the application unsuccessful.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should kindly visit the company website to get more details and submit the application(s).