Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Online Intelligence Recruitment 2023/2024.
Online Intelligence was established as a partnership in 2001. Delivering a unique value proposition, the company rapidly went from strength to strength, and in 2003 Online Intelligence Pty (Ltd) was formed. Today, we are the leading supplier of Enterprise Risk solutions across the African continent.—
We are recruiting to fill the following position below:
Job Title: Legal Counsel
Online Intelligence (Pty) Ltd is the leading supplier of Enterprise Risk Solutions (ERS) across the African continent. We currently have a vacancy for a Legal Counsel in our Analytics department, based at the Head office in Pretoria.
- Relationship / Network Building (National & Provincial Level):
- Attending the various national and provincial SAPS forums, meetings, and conferences in aid of:
- presenting analytics in its entirety (petroleum, mining, financial etc.)
- developing access to key decision-makers.
- Relationship / Network Building (SAPS Station Level):
- Identifying, with the various analytics teams the key hotspot crime areas.
- List the responsible police stations to visit,
- Visit the relevant police station to have support discussions with both the commanding officer (first) and then with the relevant investigation officer (second).
- Relationship / Network Building (NPA / Prosecutors / Magistrates / Judges):
- Identify which prosecutors, specialist investigation units and judicial personnel has relevance in terms of related cases.
- Make introductions and start to build a relationship that will allow us to gain and maintain access by providing support and adding value to the legal process.
- Arrest Coordination and Support:
- Identify suspects through closely working with the analysts, attending the intelligence sharing forum, bombing meetings etc.
- Work closely with the investigating officer(s) to coordinate the arrest(s) by ensuring that the relevant arrest warrants are available, that it is both accurate and complete and that there is a strong case with evidence backing the arrest.
- Investigator Support:
- Assist the investigator through docket inspections, guidance in terms of legal case compliance, chain of evidence reviews, case completeness action list and witness preparation prior to court appearances.
- Post arrest arrange for all identified investigators to attend the various bail hearings with the intention of rearresting suspects which has been granted bail.
- Prosecutor Support:
- As the case progress from investigation to prosecution transfer with it.
- Prepare legal briefs for every case and brief the prosecutor prior to the various court appearances to ensure the highest probability of success,
- In terms of opposing bail,
- Then to secure a successful prosecution, providing supporting evidence during sentencing,
- Assisting the asset forfeiture function to execute its mandate and finally to attend and oppose parole hearings of cases that belongs to Online Intelligence clients.
- General Legal Aspects:
- Provide legal briefs and opinions, consultations, and guidance within Online intelligence on legal aspects when requested to do so.
- Develop and maintain an action plan for all listed duties and provide weekly feedback on progress, challenges, and areas where support may be needed.
- Maintain the case files on CiiMS.
Attend various feedback sessions with the clients to ensure that we can provide them with a clear picture of the progress, successes, and challenges.
- South African citizen
- Matric (Grade 12)
- Relevant Law degree
- Drivers license
- Own vehicle
- Ability to travel locally
- No criminal record
- Registered attorney (completed articles)
How to Apply
Interested applicants should kindly visit the company website to get more details and submit the application(s).