Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the Midmar Quarry and Taylors Halt Quarry Bursaries 2023. The entire application details for the Midmar Quarry and Taylors Halt Quarry Bursaries can be accessed below.
Midmar Quarry and Taylors Halt Quarry Bursaries
Taylors Halt Quarry and Midmar Quarry invite South African students to apply for Bursary Programme 2023 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for studies within these fields, to students interested in joining the mining or quarrying industry:
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Studies
- Mining Engineering
- Mining Surveying
- Occupational Health
- Surface Blasting
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted no later than 2 December 2022 – if you do not receive any feedback by this date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen (and born in South Africa)
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a qualification in one of the fields listed above
- You must be studying at a recognized and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must be interested in joining the mining or quarrying industry
- Preference will be given to students pursuing studies from scarce skills identified within the Industry
How to Apply
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy: not older than 3 months)
- Matric trial exam report and final report (certified copy)
- 2021 final report, if currently studying (certified copy)
- Proof of registration or acceptance at a recognized and accredited institution (on the institutions’ letterhead)
- Proof of residence
- Motivational letter to support your application (read our tips on how to write a motivational letter for your bursary application)
- 2 testimonials (1 from school and 1 from a current lecturer, if currently studying) (read our tips on how to get a testimonial for your bursary application)
- Parents or guardian’s proof of income (certified payslips if employed, certified last two years financial statements if self-employed, sworn affidavit if unemployed, certified death certificates if deceased, a certified divorce certificate if divorced, maintenance order if parents are divorced or separated)
- Students under 18 years old (minors): written consent from your parents/ guardian to apply for this bursary
Applications must be submitted via email to: [email protected]
(Insert the words “Taylor’s Halt Quarry Bursary Application” in the email subject line).
Application Deadline: 21st November 2022