Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the Leiden University Netherlands LUF-SVM Scholarship 2022. The full application details for the Leiden University Netherlands LUF-SVM Scholarship can be accessed below.
Leiden University Netherlands LUF-SVM Scholarship
The Foundation for Packaging and the Environment (SVM) is offering eight scholarships, via the Leiden University Fund (LUF), for master’s students writing a thesis related to the theme of packaging and the environment
- Archaeology, Humanities, Medicine/LUMC, Governance and Global Affairs, Law, Social and Behavioural Sciences, Science, Interfacultair Centrum Voor Lerarenopleiding, Onderwijsontwikkeling en Nascholing (ICLON), African Studies Centre, International Institute for Asian Studies.
- The Foundation for Packaging and the Environment (SVM) and Leiden University Fund (LUF) are awarding eight scholarships for master thesis proposals containing novel ideas and high-impact project proposals related to the theme of ‘packaging and the environment. Important criteria are: more user-friendly applications for consumers and a minimal environmental footprint as a result of innovative packaging design, prevention of packaging, new or different forms of reprocessing and/or creative ideas for the waste phase for instance. In short: Think ‘out of the box’!
The LUF-SVM Fund was established by SVM to support students with innovative, unexpected and exceptional insights related to the topic of packaging and the environment to offer a platform for their ideas about finding the right balance between consumer convenience and environmental footprint.
Leiden University Netherlands LUF-SVM Fund is available to undertake Masters’s level programs at Leiden University.
The following subjects are available to study under this scholarship program.
- All Subjects
4000 euro per awardee. A total of eight scholarships will be awarded.
Nationals of all countries
You must be registered as a master’s student at Leiden University.
- The thesis must be completed within 12 months of receiving your LUF-SVM Fund award letter.
- After completion, you must present your thesis to a delegation of the Foundation for Packaging and the Environment (SVM) and the Leiden University Fund (LUF).
Submit the following documents by email to [email protected], mentioning LUF-SVM Fund in the subject line:
- A letter of motivation in which you explain why you believe your thesis proposal is worthy of a LUF/SVM fund scholarship.
- Your thesis proposal related to the theme of packaging and the environment which includes:
- either an analysis of technical foundation;
- creative and innovative ideas;
- a description of the intended contribution of your master’s thesis to the social discussion about packaging and the environment.
- A letter of recommendation written by your Leiden University thesis supervisor.