Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Komatsu South Africa Recruitment 2023/2024.
Komatsu is a global leader in the supply of Japanese-engineered mining, construction, earthmoving and utility equipment in South and Southern Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the following position below:
Job Title: Officer: Maintenance Planning
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assesses needs & requirements.
- Scoping the full extent of maintenance work needed to be conducted for the relevant repair / preventive /predictive / design-out activities.
- Planning performance targets, deadlines, and outcomes.
- Gathering data from systems history, capture information in graft format, plan task to be executed.
- Determining benchmark maintenance tasks and highlighting trends and follow through with planning accordingly.
- Scoping the full extent of maintenance work needed to be conducted for the relevant repair / preventive /
- Predictive / design-out activities. Staying abreast of contractual and Service Level requirements and planning within these parameters. Staying abreast with Warranty conditions, policies and procedures and taking this into account when
- Within the guidelines of Policies & Procedures, SHE- and quality principles, planning performance
- Targets, deadlines, outcomes, responsibilities, and authorities identified for every stage and every resource involved in the process.
- Collaborating with all stakeholders to establish needs and assess scope of work.
- Obtaining inputs and gathering data from systems history to plan.
- Forecasting of parts usage; Bill of material, pricing, availability, and sourcing.
- Calculating base lines in terms of budget, time and human resources and stock usage
- Documenting risks and any other relevant issues, which may impact the plan.
- Assisting service management.
- In conjunction with process stakeholders, determining and finalising prioritisation of tasks.
- Obtaining authorisation for the Repair and Maintenance Plan of conditions-based monitoring (“what if” scenario’s) and running scenarios to mitigate risk.
- Maintains and updates the plan.
- Assumes responsibility for the backup and update of all planning systems and manual data files.
- Flags deviations from plan and communicates with Service Management timeously.
- Develops templates for use by service lines.
- Transfers planning and scheduling skills and knowledge to Service lines of business
- Reports on Maintenance Metrics, costs, efficiencies, downtime, and trends
- Analyses report information, and correlates information with other systems, (such as SAP to propose changes/continuous improvement initiatives
Desired Experience & Qualification
• B-Tech – Technical Diploma (advantage)
• 4-6 years’ experience.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
Repair and Maintenance Planning experience
Komatsu Product knowledge or Heavy Earth Moving/ Mining equipment is essential (Electric drive trucks) an advantage.
Experience of automated scheduling tools in an engineering environment is essential.
- Strong organizational and planning skills and can follow through on timelines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in using maintenance planning and scheduling software (Advance Excel, PowerPoint, Word, MTBF, MTTR etc)
- Good knowledge of safety regulations and industry standards.
- Familiarity with maintenance equipment and supplies procurement processes.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should kindly visit the company website to get more details and submit the application(s).