Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Greentree Health Recruitment 2023/2024.
Greentree Subacute and Rehabilitation provides subacute and rehabilitation care, with a focus on stroke and orthopedic rehabilitation services. Trust in our team of best practice experts to help restore your wellbeing, improve mobility and get you back to independence.
We are recruiting to fill the following position below:
Job Title: Registered Nurse Position
Greentree Subacute and Rehabilitation provides subacute and rehabilitation care, with a focus on stroke and orthopedic rehabilitation services. Trust in our tea
Duties & Responsibilities
- Practices patient care according to his/her scope of practice and assumes total responsibility for these activities with the necessary clinical knowledge
- Perform nursing care with a holistic approach meeting all patient’s needs as per the nursing care plan
- Monitor patient’s risk with the implementation of effective risk prevention and management
- Participate in ward/unit protocols and processes contributing to quality improvement
- Attend handover of the report at shift commencement.
- Perform frequent patient/bedside visits and establish effective communication with patients regarding their care and progress
- Participate in the holistic rehabilitation and care of all patients to optimize well-being and promote health
- Practices the principles of infection prevention and all standard precautions according to the Department of Health and international standards, including the application of BCA principles.
- Comply to all policies and procedures of the facility.
- Prevent possible complaints and report any such complaints from patients and/or families to the nursing manager
- Carries out all departmental duties as assigned
- Provide continuous evidence-based nursing care.
- Monitor the patient’s individual needs as per the holistic nursing care plan and adjust the nursing care plan as required.
- Communicate with rehabilitation practitioners regarding the rehab plan and monitor progress and health status communicate any extension of stay with the practitioner and case management.
- Monitor the treatment plan(medication and wound care) in accordance with Doctors prescriptions and requests ensuring the medication required is available. Discuss requirements with patient and family
- administer and store medication in accordance to facility policies, pharmaceutical and nursing regulations
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
- Ensure to comply with the annual SANC registration and indemnity requirements.
- Manage acuity and skill mix to ensure appropriate level of care.
- Compliance with documentation policy.
- On-going updating of health records to ensure compliance .
- Ensures all stock and medication is well controlled and managed, charged, and credited appropriately.
- Adherence to facility policies and procedures.
- Maintains a therapeutic, clean and safe environment that is free from medico-legal hazards and infection risks.
- Adheres to the facility’s emergency procedures, emergency trolly, basic life support, oxygen therapy and availability
- Adheres to medical waste management principles.
- Maintains a safe working environment in accordance with the health and safety regulations.
- Reports and acts upon potential/actual risks identified.
- Supervise to ensure correct use of cleaning chemicals and cleaning protocols including storage of cleaning equipment.
- Reports equipment and environmental repairs and/or replacement as needed.
Learning & Development
- Assumes responsibilities for own personal and professional development, including CPD activities
- Maintains BLS competence.
- Keep up to date with facilty policies and procedures.
- Supervisor and couch other healthcare providers.
- Facilitation of a learning environment.
- Keep abreast of current nursing standards and changes
- Partake in contribution to positive changes for work processes.
- Complies with professional behavior and standards.
- Works strategically to realise organizational goals.
- Sets high standards for quality and safety and monitors and maintains quality and productivity.
- Upholds work ethics, values and demonstrates integrity.
- Strive to be a competent practitioner and mentor to all colleagues
- Complies with the company/organisation’s business and health care goals.
Desired Experience & Qualification
We are looking for a current Registered Nurse with advanced nursing and clinical knowledge and skills.
General Nursing Diploma/Degree
Geriatric/Frail Care/Casualty/Wounds/Alzheimers and dementia experience
Package & Remuneration
How to Apply
Interested applicants should kindly visit the company website to get more details and submit the application(s).