Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Gideons South Africa Recruitment 2023/2024.
We are recruiting to fill the following position below:
Job Title: Ministry Ambassador
If you are a strong leader that regards life as living out God’s purpose for you, and if you regard your work as a calling rather than a job, then this is an opportunity for you to consider.
We are a leading international ministry involved in over 200 countries, also recognised as the largest Bible distributor in the world. The Gideons International in South Africa is an association of business and professional men and their wives and has been in existence for over 70 years. As a Christian member-based organisation our sole objective is winning others for the Lord, Jesus Christ. We provide a platform for our members to associate with like-minded individuals and strengthen their personal testimony through the activities of our branch* footprint across the country. In that way God uses The Gideons as a vehicle to transform the lives of many for eternity. For more information visit www.gideons.co.za.
Duties & Responsibilities
The role is strategically positioned to drive membership growth and awareness of the ministry amongst Christian business and professional men and their wives.
The Ministry Ambassador engages and signs up new members by conducting New Membership Plans in conjunction with the local Gideon branches in a region. He represents the ministry and its mission and values externally and internally and must build and sustain mutually beneficial relationships. Thereby he works alongside other leaders to ensure The Gideons International in South Africa thrives as a spiritual ministry.
Planning and organising
- Manage and implement annual plans in conjunction with regional and targeted branch leadership teams.
- Organise and co-host New Member Plan events with branch leaders.
Member liaison and recruitment:
- Grow the membership base and increase awareness of the Association and its purpose and activities.
- Engage and meet one-on-one or with groups of prospects to present the ministry’s value proposition and opportunity for Christian business and professional men and families.
- Intentionally invite and sign up prospects to join the ministry as members or Friends of Gideons.
- Facilitate and coordinate the smooth on boarding of new members and Friends in conjunction with the National Service Centre as well as their integration into the branch and ministry activities.
Presenting and public speaking:
- Represent The Gideons upon invitation at events like business breakfasts, church presentations, Friends of Gideons events, and new member events.
- Participate in educational or training sessions in the region including area rallies, regional team workshops, and program specific events.
- Expand brand awareness by participating in the production of training and brand marketing material across different media and channels.
Stakeholder and partner relationships:
- Manage and grow a network of relationships with relevant religious and business organisations, professional bodies and associations.
- Develop and nurture working relationship with executive stakeholders, the regional president, regional leadership team and branch network.
Feedback and reporting:
- Review and report regularly on progress and results using data-analysis and member feedback to ensure improving efficacy and member experience.
- Share best practices and lessons learnt in the region with other Ministry Ambassadors and regional stakeholders.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (post-graduate qualification a strong recommendation).
- Management experience at a middle- or senior management level.
- Minimum of 10 years work experience.
5 – 7 years of marketing, communication, training experience or equivalent work experience.
- Gideon Member in good standing.
- Essential skills and experience:
- Stakeholder management at executive level.
- Building and sustaining networks.
- Outstanding communicator, public speaking, and presentation skills.
- Program or project management.
- Computer literacy.
Preferred skills and experience:
- Managing or working with volunteers.
- Working in a Christian or religious organisation.
- Knowledge and exposure to wider communities and networks.
- Spiritual leadership/gravitas.
- Passion for the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Aligned to the core values of The Gideons.
- Relationship builder.
- Embrace diversity.
- Energy and enthusiasm.
- Execution capabilities.
- Dealing with ambiguity.
- Professional and ethical.
Package & Remuneration
Competitive salary and travel and subsistence allowance.
Regional travel 50%.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send your comprehensive CV to [email protected]