Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Bidfreight Port Operations (Pty) Ltd Recruitment 2023/2024.
Bidfreight Port Operations (Pty) Ltd is a reputable firm in South Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the following position below:
Job Title: General Manager
We are looking for an experienced General Manager to join our team in Saldanha.
Scope of Operations include : Stevedoring and Port Transport, with an opportunity for warehouse operations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the successful management and growth of the diverse stevedore and transport operations in Saldanha
- Active participation in projects involving the development of warehouse/cargo handling capabilities in Saldanha
- Planning and strategizing
- Prepare and execute a business plan for Saldanha operations on an annual basis
- Managing the commercial relationship with customers, and focus on developing new customer relationships and business growth
- Managing the commercial relationship with suppliers
- Effective stakeholder engagements with Transnet, customers (existing and new), other port related stakeholders, and suppliers
- Ensure the maintenance of sound and efficient operational best practices
- Ensures strict adherence to business ethics and corporate governance principles, operational agreements and established client performance/service standards
- Maintain and strengthen solid relationships with customers, suppliers and other industry role players
- Staff management and development in line with the Company’s BEE and Equity targets and goals
Desired Experience & Qualification
- A tertiary educational qualification (3-year degree/diploma/NQF level 6)
- A minimum of 5 years Management experience in a broad spectrum of Stevedore and/or Port Terminal and/or Logistics management functions (operating at a high level, strategic management function)
- The ability to independently manage diverse stevedoring, port transport and associated operations (such as mechanical workshop; truck maintenance functions etc).
- Strong business development skills / commercial acumen with proven track record in revenue and business growth
- Strong commercial acumen, and experience in negotiating commercial terms and rates with both customers and suppliers
- Strong strategic and operational skills – big picture thinking
- Excellent leadership skills, decision making skills, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills, which have been proven in past experience
- Important experience includes optimal management of resources (buildings and infrastructure, materials, gear, equipment and labour), risk control, financial management (budgeting, monitoring of expenditure, strong emphasis on cost control, revenue growth), staff development
- Excellent proven customer relationship skills and the ability to effectively manage and strengthen relationships with customers and other industry players
- Sound knowledge and experience of SHERQ systems and NOSA / ISO processes
- A good understanding of Industrial Relations
- Visible initiative and drive
- High level of computer literacy
How to Apply