Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Eagles Valley Poultry Recruitment 2023/2024.
We are recruiting to fill the following position below:
Job Title: Factory Manager
Main Purpose of the Job:
The primary responsibility of the Factory Manage is to achieve maximum production and profitability in the entire facility on both shifts, whilst maintaining compliance with legislation, customer specifications, and Company standards and processes.
This will include:
- Optimizing product mix and determined the fesh orders with sales.
- Ensuring the shift managers meet production targets.
- Optimizing personnel performance and business profitability.
- Minimizing costs, non-conformances, and down time.
- Ensuring that the factory is supplying the customer with the required quality products at the right time.
- Monitor and maintain health and safety compliance.
- Lead, guide, motivate and train managers, supervisors, and all personnel in the processing team.
Duties & Responsibilities
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide overall leadership and strategic direction on both shifts, thereby ensuring the long-term growth and viability of the Operations Department.
- Responsible for continually enhancing overall operational efficiencies, and high standards of production, ensuring that only the highest quality produce/products ares consistently being delivered and presented for sale.
- Proactively manage all operational aspects related to food quality, health and safety, biosecurity, and environmental compliance in accordance with the Company’s policy, procedures, programs, and relevant legislation.
- Ensure that all aspects relating to Inventory Management are in place and fully implemented and adhered to.
- Oversee the personnel management side of both shifts by providing the necessary leadership to develop a high performance workforce.
- Ensure that the required operational, financial, and administrative records and reports are generated, analyzed, and acted upon, to continuously improve the efficiency of the operation.
- Ensure that sound financial management practices and principles are in operation, with strict controls in place for costs/expenditures.
- Liaise, as required with key external service/product suppliers to ensure the smooth operation of the business, and to maximize efficiencies and results achieved.
- Ensur that all customers are satisfied, and any complaints are dealt with professionally and expediently with the primary aim of keeping the customer satisfied.
Desired Experience & Qualification
Experience & Knowledge:
- Preferably a degree or Diploma in Production/Operations Management
- Minimum of a Grade 12 National Certificate
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a unionized Meat Manufacturing/Processing facility is essential
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience at a manager level will be advantageous
- Good working understanding and production planning, scheduling procurement and stock management:
- Track record of driving continuous improvements and enhancing operational performance
- Sound understanding and experience in implementing HACCP, OHSA and environmental regulations
- Financial management
- People management – development
- Computer literacy level (excel/word)
- Strong Leadership skills
- Customer service skills and passion
- Influencing skills
- Attention to detail
- Attention to quality and standards
- Ability to work in and build an effective team
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Reliable and honest
- Able to effectively cope with work pressures and high levels of stress
- High level of self-discipline and motivation: work independently
- Driver’s license.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should kindly visit the company website to get more details and submit the application(s).