Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for the Capital Lounge Management Services Recruitment 2023/2024.
We are recruiting to fill the following position below:
Job Title: Software Engineer/ Back-End Developer
The Software Engineer handles back-end development on QOA’s projects, as well as maintenance of current and future platforms.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement core product functionality and deploy world-class architectures based on our existing products and tools;
- Maintain and extend our core technology stack on which all our projects are built;
- Proactively contribute to QOA’s long-term vision for core technologies and architecture;
- Advise on and/or contribute to new or emerging technologies that might be relevant to QOA;
- Commit to test-driven software development methodologies wherever applicable;
- Provide meaningful support to your colleagues through code reviews, as well as applying the feedback you receive from your own code reviews to improve your skills as a Software Engineer;
- Work well within cross functional teams in order to produce world class products and programmes that empower end users.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- A degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
- At least 4 years’ experience as a developer with expertise in Python and Django development, as well as Postgres and Nginx.
- Experience in, and knowledge of, the product development process with experience of the scrum / agile methodologies being useful.
- Experience using Git for revision control, and GitHub.
- Commitment to test-driven software development methodologies and fanatical about clean, concise, readable, tested code with a willingness to write software that allows itself to be tested.
- Highly skilled with innovative, unique development ideas and an analytical, troubleshooting mindset.
- Good communication skills and a team-player which supports our collaborative ways of working across the engineering team as well as the company.
- Willingness and ability to learn about emerging technologies in the space, enabling you to advise on and/or contribute new ideas to the rest of the team.
- Firm understanding and implementation experience of the DevOps methodology.