Blue Recruiting Recruitment 2023/2024
Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Blue Recruiting Recruitment 2023/2024.
Blue Recruiting is a specialist financial recruitment agency.
We are recruiting to fill the following position below:
Job Title: Bookkeeper [FMCG – Western Cape]
The bookkeeper maintains and records a complete and systematic set of business transactions. Balances ledgers, reconciles accounts and prepares reports to show receipts, expenditures, accounts receivable, and accounts payable
Duties & Responsibilities
- Administer all Accounts Payable-related transactions. Reconcile and prepare creditor
- payments (mostly eft payments). Also foreign creditors
- Prepare EFT payment requisitions and process them on Syspro
- Record, maintain, and reconcile Syspro cashbooks (6)
- Maintain control of FEC contracts (arranged by FD) and apply against foreign reditor
- payments. Prepare BOP forms for forex payments.
- Prepare and process appropriate journal entries for ledger adjustments
- Reconcile specific general ledger accounts
- Run appropriate batches to update accounting entries on all Syspro modules
- Allocate Distributor (TFD) receipts against Account Receivable Invoices
- Filing of Capex applications
- Prepare VAT & PAYE returns and have authorization.
- Submit VAT & PAYE on SARS e-filing
- Prepare Syspro stock take selections/freeze stock. Input count, Product variance reports.
- Stocktake confirmations
- Process inventory adjustments (also QC rejection related)
- Obtain monthly sequence of all QC rejections and ensure (take action/process) that all
- have been appropriately accounted for on Creditors/Inventory
- Keep analysis (for tax pack) of sundry income/ expenses and overseas travel
- Maintain control schedules/ credit limits/contact lists for all company cell phones, ISP-related billings, and company credit cards
- Responsible for Petty Cash (physical cash and accounting thereof + G/L control account reconciliation).
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Diploma in finance, bookkeeping, or equivalent
- Numerical fluency
- Ability to identify and resolve problems effectively and timely
- Time management skills
- Deadline driven
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness
- Able to work under pressure
Skills & competence
- Strong organization skills
- Analytical skills
- Communication skills
- Familiarity with data entry and
- Ability to listen to customers and
- negotiate solutions
- Computer literate in MS Office
- Syspro/ERP knowledge
Package & Remuneration