Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Bearings International Recruitment 2023/2024.
Bearings International is the leading distributor and supplier of bearings and power transmissions.
We are recruiting to fill the following position below:
Job Title: SHEQ & ISO Officer
Minimum skills & requirements
- National Senior Certificate / Matric
- SAMTRAC Certificate or equivalent Occupational Health, Safety & Environmental training
- Knowledge and Certification of ISO 9001, ISO 45001 and ISO 14001 standards
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Min 4 years’ experience in the SHEQ Field
- Knowledge of 6s principles and implementation, would be advantageous
Behavioural dimensions required
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- Microsoft office intermediate
- Fluency in English and Afrikaans
Brief description of key performance areas
- Conduct and maintain risk assessments at Parkhaven and Bi sites.
- Coordinate and participate in the investigation of all SHE related incidents, accidents and near misses and report the result to the Business Inventory & SHEQ Continuous Improvement Leader
- Follow up to ensure that corrective actions are implemented where necessary and ensure that requirements are complied with.
- Provide SHE improvement proposals, proposed corrective action, required resources for corrective action and plan of implementation on NCRs issued and report on close outs
- Design and implement safe work instructions for all activities in the risk assessment, train employees
- Assist in reviewing and developing all the required documentation, operational checks and reports for the SHE Management System to be compliant with ISO 45001:2018 / ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001/2015 standards, including corrective and preventive measures as a team with Business Inventory & SHEQ Continuous Improvement Leader Review and amend standards, specifications, policies and procedures for approval.
- Conduct SHEQ Committee Meetings (plan, schedule, review)
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly SHE reports, statistics and presentations related to SHE performance
- Assist in development and implementing of emergency response procedures and evacuation plans on site and offices. Ensure that these plans are reviewed and updated regularly, ensure the emergency plans are trained and communicated to all employees
- Ensure regular emergency response exercises and drills are conducted to ensure the highest level of preparedness in any emergency. Maintain records of such drills, providing recommendations for emergency response improvements
- Supervise the regular inspection of all firefighting equipment, safety and emergency response equipment on site.
- Provide detailed inspection reports with findings for Parkhaven and relevant sites. Identify non-conformities and provide corrective action measures to prevent re-occurrence, ensure corrective measures has been implemented.
- Ensure accurate registration and record keeping of all legislative requirements
- Preparation and completion of health and safety documentation for authorities – e.g., Annexure 1.
- Review and update the health and safety plan.
- Conduct safety inductions at Parkhaven.
- Will coordinate and manage all relevant repairs and maintenance on site at Parkhaven.
- Will manage contractor management / contractors safety documentation for Parkhaven.
- Ensure alignment with Hudaco policies and procedures relevant to function.
- Full responsibility of planning, organising and managing full stock takes / counts of the branches allocated (in conjunction with Branch Manager).
- Ensure weekly cycle counts are conducted by the branches and reports to be sent to Business Inventory & SHEQ Continuous Improvement Leader
- Compulsory branch visits to check and assist with stock controls and operating processes including but not limited to the evaluation of cycle counts, ISO and SHEQ inspections and generating an inspection report to be sent to the Business Inventory & SHEQ Continuous Improvement Leader. This may include other ad hoc projects as directed by Hudaco.
- To conduct internal ISO and SHEQ site inspections as per site inspection and branch visit plan
- To assist and guide branch managers with corrective actions.
- Assist branch managers with 6s and continuous improvement projects at their respective branches
- Perform any other work related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time by management.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should kindly visit the company website to get more details and submit the application(s).