Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the University Of Minnesota Scholarships 2023. The entire application details for the University Of Minnesota Scholarships can be accessed below.
University Of Minnesota Scholarships
Scholarships Opportunities 2023 Applications are now open!
With top-class academic programs, world-class institutions, and unmatched diversity, the United States offers a wealth of higher-education opportunities to international students that they will not find anywhere else in the world. It has the world’s largest international student population with more than 1,000,000 students choosing the USA to broaden their life experience and educational opportunities.
Nearly 5% of higher-level students in the USA are international students from around the world— and the numbers are still growing. Everyone is welcome to the United States for studying without any gender or ethnicity-based discrimination. Every year government of the United States offers fully or partially funded scholarships to international students.
International Student Scholarships in USA 2023 | University of Minnesota is available to undertake Undergraduate level programs at the University of Minnesota.
The following subjects are available to study under this scholarship program.
- All Subjects
Selected students will be awarded up to $20,000 over 4 years ($5,000 annually).
e welcome applications from all newly-admitted, undergraduate, degree-seeking international students, who fit the following criteria:
- In an active, non-immigrant temporary visa status
- Students who qualify for a tuition reduction or waiver are ineligible for these awards
- Students who have previously attended a college/university will be eligible to receive these awards for three years while new high school students will be eligible to receive their award for four years, subject to renewal criteria
A complete first-year international application consists of the items listed below. Applications cannot be reviewed until all of these items are received.
Application for Admission
Submit the online application.
Submit your one-time $50 non-refundable application fee. We do not waive the application fee for international students. The fee can be paid online at the time you apply or paid online at a later date. Please note that your application will not be complete until the fee is paid.
High/Secondary School Records
Students can upload all secondary (high school) records via the Application Status Portal. Unofficial copies are sufficient for the application review process.
Proof of English Proficiency
Applicants from the following countries are exempt from the English language test requirement: Canada (English-speaking provinces), Ireland, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and Commonwealth Caribbean. If English is not your native language or language of instruction, we will accept the following tests and scores.
- TOEFL: Minimum iBT score of 80
- IELTS: Minimum Academic Test score of 6.5
- Duolingo: Minimum English Proficiency score of 105
- Cambridge: Minimum (CAE) C1 score of 180
- Pearson: Minimum (PTE Academic) score of 55
Applicants who are otherwise admissible but not yet fully proficient may be conditionally admitted to UMD through its ELCI program. Successful completion of the ELCI Intensive English Program curriculum provides a direct exemption from UMD’s English proficiency requirements.
- TOEFL: Score of 79 or lower
- IELTS: Score of 6.0 or lower
- Duolingo: Score of 100 or lower
- Cambridge: Score of 179 or lower
- Pearson: Score of 55 or lower
Please note: Test scores are considered official if sent to UMD directly from the testing agency (College Board, ACT, etc.)
- TOEFL: UMD test code is 6873
- ACT: UMD test code is 2157
- SAT: UMD test code is 6873
In addition, the university will consider the following for meeting English proficiency:
- AP English, A-level English, or IB English
- ACT (21 subscores in English and Reading)
- SAT (540 Reading & Writing)
- U.S. college/university transfer coursework of 26 or more credits
- Attended at least one full year at a U.S. high school
How to Apply
Interested applicants, should CLICK HERE to apply
Application Deadline: 15th November 2022