Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the United States Meta Research Ph.D. Scholarships2023. The full application details for the United States Meta Research Ph.D. Scholarships can be accessed below.
The United States Meta Research Ph.D. Scholarships
Scholarships Opportunities 2023 Applications are now open!
The Mete Research Ph.D. Scholarships is a global program designed to encourage and support promising doctoral students who are engaged in innovative and relevant research in areas related to computer science and engineering at an accreditated university
The program is open to students in any year of their Ph.D. study. We also encourage people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply, especially those from traditionally under-represented minority groups. Applications are evaluated based on the strength of the student’s research statement, publication record, and recommendation letters.
Meta Research Ph.D. Fellowships in the United States 2023 (Fully Funded) are available to undertake Fellowship, Research level programs at.
The following subject is available to study under this scholarship program.
- All Subjects
Tuition money will be paid directly to the school. The total stipend of $42,000 will be paid to Fellow via direct deposit unless otherwise specified. Stipends must be paid directly to Fellows. Stipend payment(s) are sent once a tuition invoice is received for the respective fall term each year.
The award funds are delivered during the fall term of the awarded year(s) and conclude at the end of the Spring term. If a Fellow graduates in the middle of the academic year, they will receive their full tuition for the semester, and half of their stipend amount (in alignment with the semester).
Transferring universities during the Fellowship should generally not pose an issue with payment. Please contact [email protected] for more information.
Use of Funds & Other Restrictions
- The $42,000 stipend cannot be redirected to the university’s lab as gift funding. Stipends must be paid directly to Fellows.
- Tuition and stipend/travel funds cannot be combined and paid to the university.
- Fellows do not receive equipment directly from Meta, but they are free to use their stipend to buy themselves a computer or any equipment necessary for conducting their research.
- Fellows cannot join Meta’s savings account plans (e.g. 401k, Health Savings Account, etc.) since they are not Meta employees.
Stipend awards are taxable and based on local tax laws (where Fellows are a resident). Tuition is sent directly to the Fellows’ university and is not considered personal income. Fellows will be asked to submit necessary tax information once accepting their award.
- Fellows who are U.S. citizens will use the 1099-Misc tax form.
- Fellows who are not U.S. citizens will receive the 1042-S tax document.
It is our policy that we do not advise Fellows on how to file their taxes. For additional guidance, Fellows should consult with a tax professional.
You are eligible to apply for the program as long as you are:
- Enrolled in a Ph.D. program at an accredited university in the fall following the application cycle (i.e., Fall 2023)
- Engaged in research related to computer science and engineering in areas relevant to Meta, as specified in the Available Fellowships section
The program is open to students at all accredited universities around the world.
You would not be eligible if you are:
- Graduating before the fall following each application cycle
- Planning on working at another competitor company part-time while participating in the Fellowship
- A contingent worker at Meta. We cannot pay the CW wage and the stipend concurrently.
- A Meta AI Resident
- Planning on doing a part-time internship with a competitor during the academic year (fall/spring). You can do an internship at another company in the summer before Fellowship or in the summer between academic years during Fellowship. This includes internship extensions into the fall.
We will not be offering awards to candidates whose research is outside the specified research areas described in the Available Fellowships section. Please review each Available Fellowship description carefully to ensure you are aligned with the correct research area.
We are currently unable to provide funding for undergrads, graduates in different disciplines, or alternative funding such as small grants.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply
- The 2023 application opens on August 3, 2022, at 9:00 am PDT. Applicants may prepare to apply by creating a SurveyMonkey Apply account. During the application process, applicants will be asked to provide references’ contact information. Once the application is submitted, references will receive an email to upload their letters in SurveyMonkey Apply by October 6, 2022. Please visit SurveyMonkey Apply for more information on references and how to apply.
- Applications close on September 20, 2022. After the application deadline, changes to applications will no longer be accepted. There is no interview associated with the Fellowship review process.
- Winners are notified in mid-January 2023. Winners will be announced on the Meta Research blog. Due to the volume of submissions, we’re unable to provide individual feedback on proposals.
Want to stay in the loop? Sign up for our email newsletter to receive updates about the Fellowship program.
Application Deadline: 20 september 2022