Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Trio Recruitment (Pty) LTD Recruitment 2023/2024.
Trio Recruitment (Pty) LTD offers permanent and contract staffing solutions. Trio Recruitment will only recommend the top candidates that embrace your expectations, culture, and vision. We also offer the following: Response Handling, Interviewing, Reference Checks, Criminal and Credit Checks.
Job Title: BI DATA WAREHOUSE DEVELOPER
Our client a dynmamic firm specializing in the short term insurance firm.
The team also develops and maintains the GRC data warehouse which is sold as part of the GRC product.
GRC), is an enterprise Risk Management, Compliance and Audit software application which is developed in-house and is installed and supported in a large and diverse client base, both locally and internationally across multiple industry sectors. We pride ourselves in providing professionally developed, implemented and supported software that enables informed decision making for organisations that are committed to good governance.
We are accredited Microsoft Gold software partners, working on the latest technologies with a hand-picked and talented team of employees. The expertise of our team provides learning opportunities for individuals who are passionate about our industry and technology.
We have the following employment opportunity, for someone who has recently started working, and has an appreciation of the importance of data, to join our team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Accountable for the design, development and administration of relational and multi-dimensional databases using the Kimball methodology;
- The development of the software required to extract, transform and load data into staging, data warehouse, data marts and cubes;
- The design and development of the software and schedules necessary to automate the process;
- The design and development of standard reports and queries to analyse the data;
- SQL development, enhancement and maintenance of store procedures, views, functions and database structures.
- Maintain and enhance the data warehouse for our product.
- Exsposure working with Azure
Desired Experience & Qualification
- BSc Computer Science highly preferable;
- Alternatively B.Comm Information Systems, or B Tech (Information Systems)
For either of the above, an excellent academic record.
A SQL Server or Business Intelligence MS Certification e.g. MCSA, MCSE or other SQL Server Certification.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook) at Intermediate level.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- An understanding of Relational Databases.
- Minimum 2 – 5 years experience designing both relational and multidimensional database schemas;
- Alternatively a graduate or upcoming graduate with an exceptional academic record, and an interest in Business Intelligence and data bases, wanting to gain proficiency in this area.
- Business and Systems Analysis experience.
- Some experience writing, or an understanding of, both relational and multidimensional queries;
- Designing and creating reports to support business requirements
- Aggregating data into a data warehouse from multiple sources in a heterogeneous data environment
- Knowledge and understanding in data modelling
- Experience working with Microsoft SQL Server (either 2008 or 2012)
- Experience in the short term insurance industry an advantage
- Financial or accounting experience
- An analytical thinker with high attention to detail
- The ability to convert data to information.
- Problem solver with the ability to manage time effectively.
- Strong team ethic.
- Strong and professional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivation and flexibility to work in a changing environment, adaptable.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure.
- Proven ability to follow up and follow through on work to completion
How to Apply
Interested applicants should kindly visit the company website to get more details and submit the application(s).