Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the Transnet Bursary Scholarship Programme 2023. The full application details for the Transnet Bursary Scholarship Programme can be accessed below.
Transnet Bursary Scholarship Programme
Transnet SOC Ltd is a large South African rail, port, and pipeline company, headquartered in the Carlton Centre in Johannesburg. It was formed as a limited company on 1 April 1990. A majority of the company’s stock is owned by the Department of Public Enterprises, or DPE, of the South African government.
As part of our pipeline and skills development strategy, we are offering Engineering and Specialist Commercial related bursaries that are aligned with Transnet’s business strategy.
- Grade 12 Learners – (SA Citizens) who have obtained a minimum level five (60% and above) in English, Mathematics, and Physical Science.
Specialist Commercial Bursary:
- Grade 12 Learners – (SA Citizens) who have obtained a minimum level five (60% and above) in English, and relevant
PLEASE NOTE: Transnet, its employees or representatives never ask for a fee from job seekers. Any such requests are fraudulent. Please report any suspicious activities in this regard to the Transnet anti-fraud line on 0800 003 056.
subjects in line with the requirements of the preferred area of study.
Qualifications & Experience:
Current tertiary students studying towards B.Eng. or BSc Engineering are encouraged to apply for one of the full-time comprehensive bursaries in the following disciplines:
- Electrical – (Heavy Current)
- Computer Engineering
Specialist Commercial Bursary:Current tertiary students studying towards Degree & National Diploma are encouraged to apply for one of the full-time comprehensive bursaries in the following disciplines:
- Computer Science
- Information Science / Technology
- HR Information Systems
- Business/ Data Analytics
- Logistics / Supply Chain Management
- Safety and Environmental Management
- Human Factor Management / Ergonomics
- Business Science and Economics
- Risk and Compliance Management
- Sales & Marketing
How to Apply
Interested applicants, Should CLICK HERE to Apply
Note: If you have not been contacted by 28 February 2023 consider your application as unsuccessful.
NB!! Kindly note that this bursary opportunity is applicable to external applicants that want to study full-time at a university, not permanent employees of Transnet.