Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for theRoyal HaskoningDHV Bursary 2022/2023. The full application details for the Royal HaskoningDHV Bursary can be accessed below.
Royal HaskoningDHV is an engineering company with over 140 years of work experience. They build complex infrastructure projects in multiple sectors, including aviation, energy and power, marine, finance, renewable, etc. Besides that, they offer a wide range of services, which you can check here.
Formerly known as SSI Engineers and Environmental Consultants, the Royal HaskoningDHV was a result of a merger between two then-independent companies: DHV and Royal Haskoning. In the past, the company also operated under the name of Stewart Scott Ltd and Stewart Scott International.
Royal Haskoning DHV Bursary 2022/2023
The company is offering financial help to eligible students in the form of bursaries. The Royal HaskoningDHV bursary is meant for students pursuing a Bachelor’s degree (any year of study) and facing a financial crunch.
The two main selection criteria are academic performance and financial need.
For the academic year 2022, here are the fields of study where the bursaries will be awarded:
- Civil Engineering (BSc or BEng)
- Mechanical Engineering (BSc or BEng)
- Electrical Engineering (BSc or BEng)
- Data Science (BSc)
The funding amount will depend on the financial need of a particular applicant. So depending on the need, they might be eligible for 100% coverage of their tuition cost.
Through this bursary, the company aims to help unprivileged students and meet the engineering labor demand in the country.
Bursary Eligibility Criteria
To be selected for the bursary, you must first meet the eligibility criteria laid out by Royal HaskoningDHV. Since the bursaries are limited in number and the number of applicants is quite high, you must ensure that you fulfill all of them. The company rejects that fail to meet any one of the criteria.
The eligibility requirements for the Royal HaskoningDHV bursary are:
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must have completed Matriculation
- Must be pursuing a bachelor’s degree at a recognized South African university
- Must be pursuing a degree in one of the fields of study mentioned above
- The minimum overall average in academia must not be less than 65%
- Must be dedicated and motivated in their respective field of study
- Must have a passion for innovation and problem solving
Fulfilling all the criteria, however, does not guarantee funding. Preference will be given to those with superior academic performance or dire financial needs. The list published by the company after the closing date is considered final.
How to Apply
Those fulfilling the eligibility requirements should move forward with the application process. It’s a simple process that’s done entirely online. You’ll be done within an hour at max. But it’s vital to be diligent and attentive throughout the process.
The steps involved in applying for the Royal HaskoningDHV bursary are:
The first step is to complete the Royal HaskoningDHV bursary online application form. The form is entirely done online, and there’s no need for downloads. It asks certain basic questions about your personal and academic details.
The questions are a mix of selective and descriptive types. You need to answer all the questions unless otherwise specified.
The application form also requires you to agree to the privacy statement towards the end. So you have to tick on the “I agree” option before you can submit your application.
Here is the list of documents you need to submit:
- Valid ID documents issued by South African agencies
- Matric certificate or final results copy
- Full academic record (must be on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of registration at the South African university (must be on the institution’s letterhead)
- Proof of income of parents or guardians (payslips and tax return statements if employed or affidavit if unemployed)
- Update Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter
- A motivation letter explaining your current financial health, strength and weaknesses, the studies you have completed so far, and why you’re the best candidate for this bursary
- Two testimonials from educators
Once completed, hit the “Submit” button to apply.
For further information, get in touch with the bursary provider at:
- Telephone – 087 352 1500
- Email – [email protected]
Application Deadline: 30 September 2022