Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the WIPHOLD Bursaries 2023. The entire application details for the WIPHOLD: Bursaries can be accessed below.
WIPHOLD invites students to apply for Bursaries Programme 2023 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for studies within these fields:
- Actuarial Science
- B Com Accounting/ Chartered Accounting
Applicants will be selected based on academic achievement, as well as participation in the school community.
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, textbooks, accommodation, and a monthly stipend.
The total value and amount of bursaries awarded will be dependent on the availability of funds.
Bursaries are renewed each year at the discretion of the WIPHOLD Bursary Fund and based on diligence and academic results.
Students may be required to partake in vacation work or corporate social responsibility activities if required by WIPHOLD and its partners.
Applicants who have been provisionally accepted for the bursary award (based on their Grade 11 final results), will be notified by 30 November 2022. Successful applicants will be notified in January 2023, after the Matric results have been released. If you do not receive any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Bursary recipients will be required to enter into an agreement with the WIPHOLD Bursary Fund.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be currently in Matric or have completed Matric
- You must intend on studying towards a qualification, in one of the fields listed above
- You must be an aspiring Chartered Accountant, Actuary, Engineer, or Agriculturists
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 70% for Mathematics (NOT Mathematics Literacy) in Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 70% for English in Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum overall “A” or “B” average (a “C” average will only be considered on a case-by-case basis)
- You must have applied to at least 2 Universities (1 must be closest to your home)
How to Apply
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Recent passport-sized photograph (to be attached to the application form)
- Grade 11 final results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric final results/ certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Parents, guardian, or spouse proof of income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, proof of pension or grant if applicable) (certified copies)
- Testimonials, certificates, or supportive documents (certified copy)
- A short essay on yourself, your family, and your career future plans
- Brief answers to the following questions (in your own handwriting on a separate piece of paper)
- 1. Why would you like to become a Chartered Accountant, Actuary, Engineer or Agriculturist?
- 2. What special talents do you think are required to succeed as a Chartered Accountant, Actuary, Engineer, or Agriculturist?
- 3. Why do you think you will succeed as a Chartered Accountant, Actuary, Engineer or Agriculturist?
Applications must be submitted in either of the following ways:
– Email: [email protected]
(Insert the words “WIPHOLD Bursary Application 2023” in the email subject line).
WIPHOLD Bursary Fund
P O Box 87277