Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Quyn International Recruitment 2023/2024.
Quyn Recruitment & Staffing Solutions offers Clients a seamless recruitment process that includes the sourcing, attracting, shortlisting, screening, interviewing, and assessment of suitable candidates.
As a company, we have developed a recruitment brand that attracts candidates nationally and internally. To augment our already substantial database, we make use of meta-search engines, social recruiting, printed media, and radio to ensure we reach active and passive job seekers.
We are recruiting to fill the following position below:
Job Title: Senior Piping Engineer – Waterfall (12Months Contract)
Senior Piping Engineer with extensive experience in the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical or similar sector of the industry to provide support to our Client in the execution of projects based in Waterfall City.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Deputies for the Chief Piping Engineer when requested.
- Assist Chief Piping Engineer with project proposals when requested.
- Responsible for the design and approval of all piping work on assigned projects.
- Responsible for preparation and approval of project related standards and job notes.
- Ensure that engineering activities on assigned projects are executed within budgeted manhours and approved schedules in compliance with project procedures, standards and specifications and in accordance with procedures and the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of South Africa.
- Review and approve project schedules with the Project Engineer to see that all dates, rates of progress and design periods are realistic.
- Prepare and approve project specific standards and job notes.
- Prepare pipe material specifications.
- Prepare pipe support standard.
- Prepare stress analysis procedure.
- Prepare piping design philosophy.
- Ensure design complies with client specifications and requirements.
- Prepare requisition index for special piping items, indicating planned issue date for each requisition. Update and reissue monthly.
- Prepare pipe stress index. Update and reissue monthly.
- Check piping drawing index for piping work.
- Prepare and approve general notes requisitions for piping work.
- Design and requisition special piping items.
- Prepare support sketches for the drawing office.
- Provide stress input into 3D model.
- Prepare material error checking report and provide to the piping designer.
- Check and approve piping bulk requisitions from MTO.
- Keep track of key quantity changes on the project.
- Prepare and approve piping BOQ.
- Review and approve all piping drawings and isometrics and ensure that the quality of design and drawings produced for enquiry and fabrication purposes is of satisfactory standard.
- Prepare technical bid analysis for special piping items.
- Check and approve piping bulk technical evaluations from requisitions.
- Attend coordination meetings and engineering review meetings with supplier as required.
- Review document requirements and issue dates for major equipment with suppliers and assist Procurement Department in compiling a Supplier’s Document Index.
- Assist Procurement Department with the expediting of supplier documents.
- Review and approve supplier documents for piping and distribute.
- Review in conjunction with Procurement Department all claims by supplier for an increase in the engineering scope of work.
- Give guidance to client, project engineers, other specialist engineers and inspectors on piping engineering matters. Review piping aspects of package unit supplier’s drawings as requested by the engineer responsible for the equipment.
- Ensure that piping engineering operations are complete in accordance with the approved project schedule and within allocated manhours.
- Advise the Chief Piping Engineer of any slippages and their causes and proposed corrective action.
- Advise the Chief Piping Engineer of any technical problems and unresolved differences with other groups.
- Co-ordinate with Procurement Department and ensure certified drawings are available in time to meet the engineering schedules.
- Notify the Project Engineer or all deficiencies in the flow of data or other basic information required for execution of work.
- Provide progress report information, at the required frequency and with the required content, to the Project Engineer.
- Provide information where necessary to estimating the cost of contract changes, Alert the Project Engineer / Project Manager to circumstances considered to be subject to contract change.
- Follow up piping construction work on project sites to ensure correct interpretation of designs regarding installation. Resolve any piping problems arising during commissioning.
- Review documents prepared by piping engineer/s.
- Mentor piping engineer/s.
- Keep abreast of development in the piping engineering field.
- Suggest ways to improve efficiency, costs and service in the execution of projects.
- Assist where necessary in the compilation of operating manuals and mechanical catalogues.
- Perform such duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Chief Piping Engineer.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- BSc, BEng, BTech
- Professional Registered Engineer or equivalent registration
- 8 Years minimum experience
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- CAESAR II
- Smartplant reference data
- Leadership – Able to build and maintain effective working relationships with other members of the project team. Inspires confidence and earns the respect of co-workers and subordinates
- Initiative – Grasps new or unfamiliar concepts quickly and can effectively deal with complexity and ambiguity. Identifies issues in a constructive manner and recommends solutions. Uses innovative and novel approaches to find solutions
- Change and Adaptability – Gains awareness for, and an understanding of, the position of stakeholders. Readily adapts to changing circumstances
- Interpersonal Communications – Actively listens and seeks to understand others’ points of view. Communicates openly and honestly to all levels of the organization. Expresses ideas and exchanges information clearly and persuasively
- Problem Solving – Grasps new or unfamiliar concepts quickly and can effectively deal with complexity and ambiguity. Identifies issues in a constructive manner and recommends solutions. Uses innovative and novel approaches to find solutions
- Planning, Organising & Execution – Prioritises and plans work activities. Uses time efficiently and strives to ensure that agreed schedule undertakings are met
How to Apply
Interested applicants should kindly visit the company website to get more details and submit the application(s).