Phanda Personnel Recruitment 2023/2024
Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Phanda Personnel Recruitment 2023/2024.
Phanda Personnel- We are a 100% female black-owned boutique recruitment agency based in Cape Town, South Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the following position below:
Job Title: Assistant Director: Supply Chain Management (Demand Management)
To coordinate, review, undertake, and implement the supply chain demand management framework and policies through research, analysis, and planning of procurement requirements, the collating of information for the annual procurement plan ensuring that funds are available, and the compilation of specifications
Duties & Responsibilities
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
1. Coordinate (synergize), review, research, analyze and plan the procurement needs of the department.
- Research the relevant identified needs. (In line with the SC strategy).
- Analyse requirements, undertake research, determine, and develop proposals for implementation.
- Asses the results of the research on the market interpret and develops proposals for procurement methodology.
- Ensure compliance with quality requirements.
- Determine whether specifications should contain any special conditions.
2. Coordinate review, collect and collate information for the annual procurement plan.
- Collect information from the relevant role players according to the prescribed template.
- Check (engage) and analyze the information.
- Confirm availability of budget.
- Check alignment against strategic and other objectives.
- Consolidate into procurement plan and table for approval by the accounting officer.
3. Supervise and compile tender/quotation specifications as required.
- Determine whether a specification for the relevant commodity exists. If not oversee the collection and collation of information and the compilation of specifications/terms of reference.
- Compile and publish requests for proposals as required.
4. Develop, implement, and maintain the supplier database.
- Perform general quality assurance of information in the supplier database (e.g., check and verify supporting documents).
5. Supervise employees to ensure an effective demand management service and undertake all administrative functions required regarding financial and HR administration. This would, inter alia, entail the following:
- General supervision of employees.
- Allocate duties and perform quality control on the work delivered by supervisees.
- Advice and lead supervisees regarding all aspects of the work.
- Manage performance, conduct and discipline of supervisees.
- Ensure that all supervisees are trained and developed to be able to deliver work of the required standard efficiently and effectively.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- A relevant tertiary qualification at NQF level 7.
- 3-year supply chain experience on a supervisory level.