Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the MEXT Japan Scholarships 2023. The entire application details for the MEXT Japan Scholarships can be accessed below.
MEXT Japan Scholarships
Scholarships Opportunities 2023 Applications are now open!
Fully Funded MEXT Japan Scholarships 2023 is open for International Students. The scholarship allows Master’s level programs (s) in the field of All Subjects taught at Japan Universities. The deadline for the scholarship is Open.
To be considered for this scholarship, applicants must first apply to APU. APU will then select eligible candidates to recommend to the scholarship organization. This scholarship is awarded to outstanding international students who are recommended by APU. The Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) provides this scholarship with the aim of enhancing international competitiveness and promoting the active exchange of international students in Japanese universities.
Fully Funded MEXT Japan Scholarships 2023 is available to undertake Masters’s level programs at Japan Universities.
The following subjects are available to study under this scholarship program.
- All Subjects
- Full admission fee
- 100% of tuition (covered by the APU Tuition Reduction Scholarship)
- 144,000 JPY per month for living expenses (amount subject to change)
- Economy class air travel between the home country and APU at the beginning and end of the program
All nationalities are eligible to apply.
- 1. Intend to study abroad in Japan from overseas
- 2. Be a national of a MEXT designated country
- 3. Be born on or after April 2, 1988
- 4. Have achieved a GPA of at least 2.30 on a 3.00 scale at their most recent university
- Those who are serving on active military duty or civilians employed by the military at the time of application are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Recipients must be able to arrive in Japan during the arrival period stipulated by APU.
- Those who apply for this scholarship cannot have received a MEXT scholarship in the past unless they have more than 3 years of educational research experience after the final payment of the previous MEXT scholarship award.
- Those who apply for this scholarship cannot be applying for another MEXT scholarship.
- Recipients of this scholarship cannot receive a scholarship from another scholarship organization while studying at APU.
- Recipients of this scholarship must have “student” as their status of residence (visa status) in Japan.
How to Apply
Interested applicants, Should CLICK HERE to apply
- 1. Submit the APU application by November 16, 2022 (for September 2023 Enrollment). April enrollment is not available. Additional documents are not required to be considered for this scholarship.
- 2. APU reviews application documents and selects outstanding candidates to recommend to MEXT.
- 3. Applicants selected to be recommended for this scholarship are notified with their final APU application results.
- 4. Selected applicants complete and submit additional MEXT application documents to APU.
- 5. The final scholarship award results are decided by MEXT.