Islamic Relief South Africa (IRSA) Bursaries 2023
Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the Islamic Relief South Africa (IRSA) Bursaries 2023. The entire application details for the Islamic Relief South Africa (IRSA) Bursaries can be accessed below.
Islamic Relief South Africa (IRSA) Bursaries
The Islamic Relief South Africa (IRSA) invites South African students to apply for Bursaries Programme 2023 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for undergraduate degrees or diploma studies within the following fields:
- Accounting Science
- Built Environment (Architecture, Construction)
- Financial Management
- Information Technology
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, prescribed textbooks, and tutoring services. Funding will be paid directly to the institution where the student is studying (half funding will be paid in the first semester and the other half funding will be paid in the second semester).
Bursary recipients will be required to submit their academic results each semester, as well as attend academic progress meetings after each semester. Bursary recipients will be required to enroll and complete a leadership program offered by IRSA, as well as attend all 4 annual online seminars hosted by IRSA.
Students will receive continued funding if they maintain a minimum average of 60%. Students must reapply for funding each year.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 2 months of the closing date – if you do not receive any feedback by this time, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You may be of ANY nationality
- You may be of ANY religion
- You must be between 18 and 24 years old
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time towards an undergraduate qualification, within one of the fields above
- You must be studying or intend on studying at any of these public Universities in South Africa: Cape Peninsula University of Technology, Central University of Technology, Durban University of Technology, Mangosuthu University of Technology, Nelson Mandela University, North-West University, Rhodes University, Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University, Sol Plaatje University, Tshwane University of Technology, University of Cape Town, University of Fort Hare, University of Johannesburg, University of KwaZulu-Natal, University of Limpopo, University of Mpumalanga, University of Pretoria, University of South Africa (UNISA), University of Stellenbosch, University of the Free State, University of the Western Cape, University of the Witwatersrand, University of Venda, University of Zululand, Vaal University of Technology, Walter Sisulu University
- You must be in need of financial assistance, with a household income of NOT more than R450 000 per annum
- You must NOT have any outstanding debt owed to your university
- Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply
How to Apply
Download and complete the Islamic Relief Bursary Application Form 2023 (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online or hard-copy application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID / Passport / Asylum seeker / Refugee Status
- Matric certificate
- Academic transcript, if currently studying
- Proof of provisional acceptance/ final acceptance from your university
- Quotation for tuition fees
- Parents or guardians’ proof of income (latest payslip if employed, affidavit not older than 6 months if unemployed)
- Parents’ death certificate, if deceased
- Details of any other bursaries you have applied for/ received
- Motivational letters to support your application:
- 1) about the course you are studying/ intend on studying, how you came across it and the profession it will lead to (250 words)
- 2) your best academic and personal achievements (250 words)
- 3) about your involvement in the community (250 words)
- 4) you should receive a bursary (250 words)
Applications must be submitted in either of the following ways:
– Email: [email protected]
(Insert the words “Islamic Relief Bursary 2023” in the email subject line).
– Deliver to an Islamic Relief SA regional office:
- Johannesburg: 157 Barry Hertzog Avenue, Emmarentia, Johannesburg, 2195
- Durban: 405 Sparks Road, Sherwood, Durban, 4091
- Cape Town: 396 Imam Haron Road, Lansdowne, Cape Town, 7780
Application Deadline: 15 February 2023