Institute for Landscape Architecture in South Africa (ILASA) Bursaries 2023
Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for Institute for Landscape Architecture in South Africa (ILASA) Bursaries 2022/2023. The entire application details for Institute for Landscape Architecture in South Africa (ILASA) Bursaries can be accessed below.
Institute for Landscape Architecture in South Africa (ILASA) Bursaries
Institute for Landscape Architecture in South Africa (ILASA) invites South African students to apply for Bursaries Programme 2023 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for studies toward a Degree in Landscape Architecture (at the Undergraduate or Postgraduate level).
Bursaries will be awarded based on these main criteria: academic results, financial need, university requirements, availability of funds, and the ILASA bursary policy.
The bursary will provide partial cover, towards the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, and residence fees (in exceptional circumstances). ILASA awards a maximum bursary amount of R40 000 per student.
Bursary awards will be paid directly to tertiary institutions and other relevant service providers.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen or a South African naturalized citizen
- You must be studying or intend on studying toward a Landscape Architectural degree (undergraduate or postgraduate)
- You must be studying or intend on studying at one of the following tertiary institutions, which is registered and accredited with SACLAP (South African Council of the Landscape Architectural Profession): the University of Cape Town, Cape Peninsula University of Technology or University of Pretoria
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 60% in your previous year of study
- You must have proven financial need
- Preference will be given to financially needy students from previously disadvantaged backgrounds
- Students with disabilities are encouraged to apply
How to Apply
Download the ILASA Bursary Application Form 2023 (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Parents’ or guardians’ ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents or guardians’ proof of income (latest payslips or official company letter confirming income if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ financial balance sheet if self-employed) (certified copies)
- Official academic record from school/ tertiary institution for previous years of study (certified copy)
- Motivational letter to support your application (including details of your academic ability, financial need and future career plans) (read our tips on how to write a motivational letter for your bursary application)
Applications must be submitted via email to: [email protected] AND [email protected]
(Insert the words “ILASA Bursary Application” in the email subject line).
NOTES ABOUT THE ILASA BURSARY
- Successful applicants will be required to sign the ILASA Bursary Agreement after the bursary has been awarded.
- Applicants must read the ILASA Bursary Policy
- All applicants will receive an email to confirm receipt of their application.
- Final selections are made by the ILASA NEC.
- Successful candidates will be contacted – thereafter, unsuccessful candidates will be contacted.
- Applicants are requested to keep all original copies of documents submitted for the bursary application, as they will be requested when awarding the bursary.