Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for HR InSync Recruitment 2023/2024.
We are recruiting to fill the following position below:
Job Title: Project Manager – Mechanical Design Engineer
This is a dual role involving both Engineering Design and Project Management.
You will analyze client challenges and conceptualize, design, and present engineering solutions to clients that lead to sales orders. In addition, you will manage projects and teams. The role includes project planning, scheduling, cost control, and risk management. The constant review of project progress against goals and ensuring that work is performed in compliance with regulations is crucial to the success of the role. The majority of time spent is out of the office (60%) working with clients, managing project teams, and contractors and meeting client expectations.
Duties & Responsibilities
Engineering Design Responsibilities
- Conduct site visit to assess client needs.
- Define the optimal outcome of the solution design based on identified problem.
- Generate conceptual engineering drawings including measurements, ducting design and layout, fans, heat exchangers etc.
- Generate detailed CAD drawings and designs.
- Complete engineering calculations including comprehensive heat load calculations, circuit design, component selection. Furthermore mechanical structural design as necessary ie strength of materials, fatigue and failure analysis, etc.
- Generate product specifications.
- Complete costing including Bill of Materials, manpower hours, and cost of labour.
Project Management Responsibilities
- Manage projects to complete work on time and within budget.
- Develop project schedules (GANTT Charts) and execute them according to plan.
- Act as the primary on-site leader for the execution team on assigned projects.
- Regularly meet with clients on-site to assess client requirements, challenges, and complaints.
- Lead project meetings.
- Track project progress on MS Projects.
- Track actual project costs against budgeted costs and proactively address potential problems.
- Manage costs, cash flow, quoting, invoicing and collections.
- Manage the selection, ordering, and delivery schedule of materials to be procured and approve parts lists.
- Oversee project execution for compliance with specifications and installation procedures.
- Ensure the project is completed to quality standards and commissioned and signed off by the client.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Minimum 3 years of Project Management experience preferably on large industrial projects
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in designing engineering solutions
- HVAC, heating and cooling systems design, electrical and control systems experience is required
- Engineering calculations including comprehensive heat load calculations, circuit design, component selection. Furthermore mechanical structural design as necessary i.e strength of materials, fatigue and failure analysis, etc.
- Knowledge of thermodynamics
- CAD Inventor skills
- Computer skills including Word and Excel
- Masters of Mechanical Engineering / Bachelor of Technology (Mechanical Engineering); Bachelor of Engineering; Bachelor of Science (Mechanical Engineering)
Package & Remuneration
R40 000 – R60 000 Per Month (Negotiable on Experience
How to Apply
Interested applicants should kindly visit the company website to get more details and submit the application(s).