Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for HFR Schaefer Vervoer (Pty) Ltd Recruitment 2023/2024.
HFR Transport is one of South Africa’s biggest independent refrigerated transporters.
We are recruiting to fill the following position below:
Job Title: Human Resource Administrator
The ideal candidate needs to be energetic, enthusiastic and proactive in their work manner. The Role will require extensive interaction with Drivers, Workshop employees, Admin employees and Managers. The Role will require a suitable candidate that is professional on all levels in order to meet the needs of the business requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
- HR Administration:
- Daily employee roll call and time and attendance tracking;
- Tracking, controlling and managing time and attendance of employees by notifying absence and requesting mangers feedback on employees absent;
- Monitoring employee attendance against Overtime schedules;
- Following up on leave schedules and planning;
- Drafting, controlling and issuing of employment contracts of fixed term and permanent employees;
- Administrating all admin functions work for payroll input;
- Maintain employee files and leave records;
- Ensuring all HR admin on employee files is up to date and correct;
- Managing induction program and diary entries for employees in probation and induction;
- Workman’s Compensation:
- Recording, investigation and following through on WCA case submissions;
- Monitoring progress and actioning returns on Claims;
- Ensuring cost control and management reporting on Claims processes.
- Performance Management & Training:
- Co-ordinating training schedules and bookings for employees to ensure they attend training;
- Controlling of Learnership and Apprenticeship schedules;
- After performance review, managing employee planning for training and support / counselling follow-ups;
- Recording reviews and diarising future appointments for reviews;
- Reviewing employee files from training and ensuring documentation is correct and completed correctly;
- Will be responsible for monthly payroll transactions on SAGE 300.
- Assisting with capturing Employee Data on SAGE 300.
- Give support to the HR Manager and Payroll Administrator for employee’s administration.
- Initial candidate screening for suitability for placements of the candidate for Culture fit;
- Sourcing, screening and handling of administration within the recruitment of employees – including controlling the references, credit and criminal checks;
- Schedule interviews with shortlisted candidates with the relevant Department Heads.
- Other (Adhoc basis):
- Managing the Health and Safety program inline with the OHS Act;
- Payroll back up for relief of Payroll Administrator.
- MEDICAL TESTING ASSESSMENT:
- Arranging and Confirming Medical Testing of Drivers / Employees;
- Manage and confirm the results on the completion of the tests.
- Record, communicate and file all medical results.
Desired Experience & Qualifications
- Grade 12
- Knowledge of the operating and legislation requirements of the transport and logistics industry.
- Must have working knowledge/experience of payroll’s, HR administration and Recruitment processes..
- It would be advantageous if the suitable applicant has experience in the Bargaining Council of the Road Freight Industry.
- Ability to communicate in English and Afrikaans. [IsiXhosa and IsiZulu would be advantageous.]
- Own transport.
Package & Remuneration
The successful candidate will be offered a market-related salary with company benefits.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should kindly visit the company website to get more details and submit the application(s).