Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the HAN University Netherlands 2023. The entire application details for the HAN University Netherlands can be accessed below.
HAN University Netherlands
Scholarships Opportunities 2023 Applications are now open!
Decided to enroll in a bachelor’s or master’s degree at HAN? Are you from a country outside the EU/EEA? Then you may qualify for a HAN scholarship. They’re offered in collaboration with the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture, and Science.
SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE THROUGH HAN AND:
- Holland Scholarship
- Ministry of Education, Culture, and Science
- Netherlands Association of Universities of Applied Sciences
- The Dutch organization for internationalization in education
- Association of universities, the Netherlands
WHAT ARE THE HAN SCHOLARSHIPS?
Scholarship Max. amount For whom? HAN Holland € 12,500 Non-EU/EEA students Honors € 7,500 Non-EU/EEA students who didn’t get a scholarship in the 1st year
HAN Holland ScholarshipFor this scholarship you receive € 2,500 in the 1st semester and € 2,500 in the 2nd semester. After that, you can receive € 2,500 per year for the following 3 years of study. To get this you must continue earning the required 45 credits each year.
Honors ScholarshipThe Honors Scholarship is different. You don’t need to apply for it. The academic board of the study program selects students with outstanding academic results in their 1st year. Who is eligible? Students who meet the minimum requirements but did not receive a HAN Holland scholarship. The payment starts with € 2,500 in the 2nd year. After that, you can receive € 2,500 each following year of study. To get this you need to earn the required 45 credits each year.
Scholarship Max. amount For whom? HAN Holland € 5,000 Non-EU/EEA students Honors € 2,500 Non-EU/EEA students who didn’t get a scholarship in the 1st semester
HAN Holland ScholarshipYou receives € 2,500 in the 1st semester and € 2,500 in the 2nd semester.
Honors ScholarshipThe Honors Scholarship is different. You don’t need to apply for it. The academic board of the study program selects students with outstanding academic results in their 1st semester. Who is eligible? Students who meet the minimum requirements but did not receive a HAN Holland scholarship. The Honors Scholarship is a once-only payment of € 2,500 in the 2nd semester.
- You are a national of a country outside the EU/EEA
- You have not previously been enrolled in a degree at a university or university of applied sciences in the Netherlands
- You have been accepted into a full-time English-taught degree program at HAN
- You have an IELTS score of at least 6.5, a TOEFL iBT score of at least 90, or a Cambridge Certificate (CAE or CPE)
APPLY FOR A SCHOLARSHIP IN 5 STEPS
Apply for a degree program at HAN. Make sure you get accepted before the relevant date below. Keep in mind that diplomas and certificates have to be evaluated, so apply well in time. You’re accepted into the program and you meet all the scholarship requirements? Then you’ll receive an email inviting you to apply for a scholarship. You can expect this to arrive on one of the dates below. Please note that all degrees start in September and only some are also offered in February.
September start February start 1 April 1 October
The next step is preparing the following 3 items:
- A motivation letter. Here you explain why you’ll be a successful HAN student
- A short video of yourself. Max. 3 minutes. Address the following: – Describe yourself and the things you excel in What would your former teachers or your friends tell us about you?- Tell us about your chosen course of study at HAN- Imagine you’re working in a team. Based on your personality and/or experience, what role would you have and why?- What are your career ambitions? What and where do you think you’ll be 10 years from now (professionally speaking)?
- Your Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Follow the link in the email invitation. Fill out the application. Submit it digitally with the 3 items you prepared in step 2. Submit before:
Starting in September Starting in February 1 May, 12 pm CST 19 October, 12 pm CST
You’ll receive an email with notification of the award on:
Starting in September Starting in February 20 May 3 November
Send written acceptance of the scholarship. When? By the date stated in your award notification letter.
No. These scholarships help you to finance your studies. You still have to meet the requirements of the financial guarantee.
Your scholarship is paid in 2 terms: March and September. Are you starting your degree in February? Your scholarship is paid in February each year. Keep in mind that tuition fees are due in the fall semester. You can only receive the payment if:
- you’re enrolled as a HAN student
- you have a Dutch bank account in your name
Are you a dual national? Spanish and Venezuelan, for example. So EU/EEA and non-EU/EEA? Your EU/EEA nationality will be used as your 1st nationality. This means you can’t apply for a HAN scholarship. But it does qualify you to pay the EU/EEA tuition fee. This is much lower than the non-EU/EEA fee combined with a HAN scholarship.
You cannot combine HAN scholarships. But you can combine a HAN scholarship with a scholarship from another organization.
Got a question? Just ask HAN!
- Contact us
Monday to Friday: 08:00 – 17:00
How to Apply
interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply