Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for GL Attorneys Incorporated Recruitment 2023/2024.
We are recruiting to fill the following position below:
Job Title: Attorney
GL Attorneys is an incorporated law firm, established in 2003. We specialize in collections and recoveries, including early-stage, pre-legal, and legal, with a national legal action footprint. Our clients include commercial banks and corporate entities. Our employment demographic is compliant with the relevant Employment Equity Act. The current staff complement is in excess of 250 individuals. GL Attorneys is proudly South African and a B-BBEE Level 1 Contributor. We are registered with the Legal Practice Council. All monies collected on behalf of our clients are subjected to the applicable legislation, rules, and regulations associated with an attorney’s trust account.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure that all legal processes are dealt with effectively and timeously.
- Ensure that all legal processes dealt with by the department are compliant with the relevant legislation by the formulation and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Attend to the Defended Matters and ensure effective resolution in favor of the firm’s clients. Consult with clients and advocate and prepare matters for trial.
- Attend to assisting with the signing of legal work.
- Attend the respective Courts within the company’s jurisdiction when necessary.
- Ensure that all reports due to client and/or to the Directors are attended to timeously ensuring consistent and effective communication with the Data team.
- In the absence of the Senior Associate attorney/ associate provide assistance with the management of the legal team, with regards to attendance/leave, performance, staff queries, complaints. Adhere to GLA’s disciplinary code of conduct. Attend to any other adhoc tasks as and when received from the Directors/Senior Management.
Desired Experience & Qualifications
- LLB Degree.
- Admitted attorney.
- Certificate for court of appearance.
- 3–5 years of working experience in;
- Legal Collections and Litigation Environment.
- Knowledge of the relevant legislation;Magistrate’s Court Act, Hight Court Act, National Credit Act, POPIA.
- Understanding of the legislation and knowledge of the various statutory and appropriate governing body requirements.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Professional conduct.
- Ability to think in a strategic and tactical manner.
- Business Acumen – Market, industry, and competitor understanding.
- Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
Skills and abilities:
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Operates within GLA’s values, quality of work, honesty, respect, team, and integrity.
- Have the ability to juggle multiple tasks and work under pressure.
- Ability to effectively manage a team to achieve month on month results.
- Work within multiple teams to achieve goals and objectives of GLA.
- Managerial leadership.
- Display great attention to detail.
- Be self-motivated.
Package & Remuneration
Market Related Salary Based on Experience & Qualifications
Please note that only applicants meeting the requirements will be considered. If you have not been contacted after three (3) weeks of the closing date, consider your application to have been unsuccessful.
23rd July 2023
Please attach your latest CV and updated references to your application, Incomplete applications will not be considered.
GL Attorney’s, as a designated employer, exercises the right to fill the vacancy in accordance with our transformation objectives by giving preference to designated groups as prescribed in the Employment Equity Act.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should kindly visit the company website to get more details and submit the application(s).