Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Exceed Human Resource Consultants Recruitment 2023/2024.
Exceed Human Resource Consultants – We specialize in recruiting, selecting, and placing people, matching talent with opportunities, and giving businesses access to the best talent in the business.
We are recruiting to fill the following position below:
Job Title: Technical Maintenance and Facilities Lead – Agricultural Sector
Our client, a nursery situated outside Paarl, is seeking a experience, dynamic, driven Maintenance and Facilities Lead to join their team of professionals.
Duties & Responsibilities
This position is responsible for managing the personnel and daily operation of the maintenance department. The candidate is responsible for the full function of maintenance, which includes the management of the nursery facility, buildings, and security systems.
- Responsible for maintaining all the electrical, and mechanical related machinery, equipment and facilities at the nursery. This role will be required to proactively identify, plan, and implement ongoing maintenance needs, which will include the needs of preventative and breakdown schedules in the departments, and overall facility management.
- Responsible for assembling, installing, moving, repairing and generally maintaining machinery and equipment for improved reliability and uptime.
- Supports production with timely set up, maintenance and repair of production equipment. May perform fabricating duties as needed.
- Works within the PO process to purchase necessary materials, supplies, and equipment in a timely manner within budgeted guidelines.
- Collaborates with managers to coordinate equipment, labour, and facilities utilization. Determined the staffing, material, equipment and supplies to be used. Schedules the transfer of equipment and personnel from one project to another.
- Schedules, supervises or outsources the maintenance, repair and overhaul of farm rolling stock such as tractors, forklifts, and other motor-driven equipment.
- Collaborates in the design, sourcing, and construction of new facilities. May assist in the planning and design stages of building different kinds of machinery.
- Develops and monitors the annual budget and performs monthly forecasting in a timely manner.
- Develops and implements a system to maintain inventory of necessary parts and equipment.
- Coaches and develops employees. Sets performance goals and objectives, development plans and conducts timely performance appraisals. Establishes and maintains good morale, motivation, and recognition of accomplishment.
- Actively supports the Company’s safety programs and standards including the Worker Protection Standard. Adheres to all safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures. Oversees procurement of safety equipment and completion of recommendations from Safety Committee.
- Implements a preventive maintenance program to ensure that buildings, infrastructure, machinery, and systems are maintained on a regular schedule. Maintains inspection and repair records. Ensures that all equipment and systems are safe, reliable and in good working order, minimizing unscheduled downtime
- Oversees the general maintenance of facilities which may include site preparation for buildings, building small structures, and grounds maintenance.
- Manages relationships with outside contractors, service providers, and will include a wide scope of needs even
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Requires 3 – 5+ years of experience in similar role
- Minimum of 2+ years in a supervisory or management position with proven ability to manage, develop and mentor staff.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience installing, repairing and maintaining industrial machinery and equipment.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Requires the ability to install, inspect, repair and maintain electrical, plumbing and other systems. Knowledge of heating and cooling systems would be advantageous
- Ability to read instructions, blueprints, diagrams, sketches and specification books, for the sake of each project
- Strong computer skills using Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Previous experience with budgeting and expense management advantageous
- Requires effective oral and written communication and interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to maintain effective working relationships with employees, managers, ‘internal’ customers, vendors, contractors, and peers.
- Ability to interact effectively within a diverse workforce.
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to work as part of a team with internal departments.
- Ability to lead and manage a team within an ever-changing environment and with multiple priorities.
- Requires good judgment and the ability to positively influence team decision making.
- Ability to develop clear action plans and drive processes with many interdependencies.
- Ability to prioritize work within established guidelines and follow through on a variety of requests.
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically for company business or attend events off-site.
- Requires a valid driver’s license and the ability to maintain a valid license
- Regular and reliable attendance at the primary place of business.
- Must demonstrate professional and ethical business practices, adherence to company values, and a commitment to personal and professional development.
- Must be able to communicate in both English, and Afrikaans (other languages will be beneficial)
How to Apply
Interested applicants should kindly visit the company website for more details and submit the application(s).