Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the Drakenstein Municipality Bursaries 2024. The entire application details for the Drakenstein Municipality Bursaries 2024 can be accessed below.
Drakenstein Municipality Bursaries
Drakenstein Municipality invites South African students to apply for Bursary Programme 2024 academic year.
The Drakenstein Municipality Bursary Programme caters to studies in fields relevant to Local Government. Specifically, bursaries are available for the following fields:
- Accredited Skills Programmes (e.g., Digger-loader, Grasscutting, Hairdressing, Painting, Welding)
- Artisan Development Training qualifications (e.g., Building Construction, Diesel Mechanics, Electrical: Heavy Current, Plumbing, Welding)
- Community and Social Development
- Engineering (e.g., Civil Engineering, Electro-Technical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering)
- Finance (e.g., Accounting, Auditing, Financial Management)
- Sports Administration, Public Administration & Services (e.g., Firefighting, Human Resources, Law Enforcement, Public Management, Traffic Management)
- Town & Regional Planning, Local Economic Development and Tourism, Architectural Technology, Environmental, Water/Wastewater, Solid Waste
2. Selection and Renewal:
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by January 31, 2024, at the latest. If you haven’t received feedback by this date, kindly consider your application unsuccessful. It’s important to note that current bursary recipients do not need to reapply each year; their bursaries will automatically renew if they meet the academic criteria as per the bursary policy.
3. Eligibility Requirements:
Before applying, ensure you meet the minimum entry criteria:
- Age between 18 and 35
- Permanent residency within the Drakenstein Municipal area (Gouda, Paarl, Saron, Simondium, or Wellington)
- Full-time enrollment or intention to enroll in one of the specified fields of study in 2024
- Application or admission to a recognized and accredited Higher Education and Training institution in South Africa
How to Apply
To apply for the Drakenstein Municipality Bursary, follow these steps:
- Download and complete the Drakenstein Municipality Bursary Application Form 2024 (.pdf).
- In the field asking how you heard about the bursary, enter “Studentroom”
Ensure your application includes clear copies of the following mandatory supporting documents:
- Certified copy of your ID document
- Certified copy of your most recent academic results (June or September 2023)
- Proof of application or admission at a recognized Higher Education and Training institution (on institutional letterhead)
- Details of your course of study, including duration, scope, tuition fees, and banking details (on institutional letterhead)
- Certified copy of a Drakenstein Municipality utility bill as proof of residence
- Proof of income for parents or guardians (latest payslips if employed, certified copy/affidavit from SAPS if unemployed, or proof of grant or pension if applicable)
Applications can be submitted via email or hand delivery:
Human Resources Division – Training and Development
Application Deadline: 13 October 2023