Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Denel SOC Limited Recruitment 2023/2024.
Denel SOC Ltd is a South African state-owned aerospace and military technology conglomerate established in 1992.
We are recruiting to fill the following position below:
Job Title: Chief System Engineer Denel ISS
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The person will be responsible for the Safety Engineering aspects of all projects. This includes defining/updating the necessary processes and the day-to-day implementation of Safety Engineering.
EXPECTED JOB OUTPUTS/JOB CONTENTS
- Systesmm Engineering: Application and /or management of the System Engineering principles, processes, and documentation, primarily MIL-STD based, following Industry Best Practice principles by INCOSE, IEEE, AND ISO.
- Work within a multi-disciplinary systems engineering team towards delivery of the acquisition phases of Level 5 Defence Systems.
- Responsible for Safety Engineering on all Level 5 programs, following the guidelines set out in:
- Safety Certification Procedure
- Ensure that the Safety process is properly implemented and is addressed in the design of the individual Level 3 and Level 4 sub-systems.
- Maintaining documentation on Safety Certification for all Level 4 systems to enable eventual Safety Certification of Level 4 systems and the integrated Level 5 system.
- Generate Safety Engineering Reports for each baseline of the Level 5 system.
- Update and maintain the Hazard log, as required. Responsible for defining guidelines for environmental testing of the Level 4 sub-systems, with a specific emphasis on safety.
- Responsible for defining ergonomics guidelines for systems and subsystems
APPLICABLE QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Minimum BEng/BSc Engineering degree (or equivalent) is a pre-requisite.
• Systems Engineering-related qualifications would be advantageous.
• Postgraduate Engineering courses or qualifications would be advantageous.
• Acquisition of Programme knowledge and experience required
• Membership of professional System Engineering organizations such as INCOSE and ECSA is preferable.
• In-depth understanding of the System Engineering process is required.
• System design knowledge and experience is required.
• Safety Engineering and Environmental testing background will be an advantage.
• System integration experience will be an advantage
JOB-RELATED PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
• Strong Leadership skills
• Team player and able to function independently.
• Driven by learning, innovation, and technical excellence.
• Innovative and able to implement new ideas
• Ability to perform under pressure and meet schedules.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Unquestionable integrity and a strong sense of responsibility.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should visit the official website.