Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Concord Cranes Group Recruitment 2023/2024.
Concord Cranes Group is a job marketplace that helps companies hire developers:
We are recruiting to fill the following position below:
Job Title: Workshop Manager – Bayhead Durban
Qualifications and Competencies
- Must have a diesel/ Auto electrical/ Millwright Trade Certificate.
- At leave 5(Five)years relevant working experience in highly pressurised environment
- Previous Supervisory experience in a similar role will be an advantage.
- Must be computer literate.
- Technical Aptitude
- Interpretation of schematics, electrical/phuematic and Hydraulic
- Knowledge of spray painting and panel beating will be an added advantage.
- Must be able to communicate with suppliers and customers at all levels.
- Must adhere to all Company Health and Safety protocols.
- Well-disciplined and self-motivated.
Desired Experience & Qualification
Key Responsibilities and Outputs
- Managing workshop employees, Mechanics, Administration staff and Mechanical support staff.
- Overseeing the workshop functions such as service schedule adherence, reduce downtimes on repairs and maintenance, as well as breakdowns.
- Participate in health and safety investigations and provide technical advice.
- Source and maintain a reliable database of local suppliers for the purchase of quality parts.
- Negotiate reduced pricing levels and create a preferred vendor listing.
- Ensure that maintenance on Mobile Crane fleet is carried out as per OEM Specifications.
- Ensure that consumables and spares are timeously sourced and approved by management to avoid extended downtimes for Mobile Cranes and Trucks.
- Providing advice and support to all Mechanics on technical matters.
- Coordinating and follow up on warranty claims.
- Ensuring correct diagnosis procedures are followed by Mechanics at all times to ensure a speedy resolution to faults and repairs. Further enabling a continuous flow of Mobile Fleet to the Operations division.
- Enforce the completion and capturing of job cards by the Mechanics to the systems all times.
- Create a culture of accountability and ownership for all workshop employees.
- Custodian of all machines service and parts manuals.
- Drafting and compiling reports as and when required by management.
- Liaise with transporters with regards to pricing and delivery
- Compile a details and accurate current inventory of spares and consumables.
- Must be able to differentiate between repairs that will require specialist Technicians from OEM vs in house Mechanical support.
- Monitor and approve all quotations and invoices generated from the Workshop before submission to the branch manager.
- Ensure all hazardous and non-hazardous waste in disposed of correctly, should not accumulate in the work environment.
Should you meet the above criteria, please forward your detailed Curriculum Vitae, and copy of qualifications, driver’s licence to Rowen Chetty Branch Manager. Closing date for application submission is Monday 31 August 2023