Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Camino Recruit Recruitment 2023/2024.
we are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Commercial Coordinator (Fruit Industry)
Chiltern Farms has a promising career opportunity for a suitable applicant. We are a dynamic Agri business in the Vyeboom area near Villiersdorp, who practices agriculture in a modern, world-class manner by constantly evaluating operating methods and incorporating technology. We strive to continually improve our Agri business to create an extraordinary future. We believe that people are the greatest ingredient in our success. We aim to foster a work environment that is professional, and results focussed, whilst retaining the family values.
We aim to attract people who are ethical, professional, enthusiastic, self-motivated, flexible, result focussed, open to learning and who embrace technology and best practices to make a difference and add value.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, your role requires a blend of marketing and analytical skills to drive sales, while maintaining optimal inventory management. You will be responsible to develop and execute marketing strategies to place fruit with the correct marketing agents, while collaborating with the supply chain operations to ensure optimal inventory management. Critical success factors will be building and maintaining relationships and focusing on optimising the returns of fruit packed.
Duties & Responsibilities
Marketing agent engagement
Communicate packing plans with agents.
Obtain product requirements from agents including fruit specifications, packaging, volumes, and pricing
Obtain sales orders and communicate progress
Develop and maintain relationships with marketing agents
Assist in building product availability plan.
Provide comprehensive options and flexibility for the planner to build into the pack plan.
Obtain sign off from marketing manager for weekly pack plan/agent allocation.
Plan and manage product demand according to predicted volumes
Assist marketing manager to create annual marketing plan.
Provide detailed information to assist in the allocation of product to markets/agents
Assist with the building of product availability plan and communicate clear product requirements.
Develop and maintain effective and collaborative internal and external communication channels.
Ensure orders are conveyed to dispatch per loading instruction on the relevant ERP system.
Monitor stock to ensure residency times are kept to a minimum. Local and external storage facilities.
Track and follow orders to ensure completion by packing facilities and hold market agents accountable for loading ordered stock
Maintain adequate control over packed stock and stock movements
Compile comprehensive reports and maintain an active database to report on sales data.
Desired Experience & Qualification
Key Technical competencies and experience
B Com degree in marketing or logistics / B Agric Degree
At least 5 years’ experience within the fruit & packhouse industry or similar environment
Exposure to sales functions
Good understanding of customer service requirements
Proven data analytics experience
Technical understanding of the fruit market and technical specification requirements
Solid Excel, Power Point and BI skills
Key Behavioural Competencies required
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Capability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
High attention to detail, ensuring the accuracy of work completed.
A work ethic that prizes accuracy, thoroughness, drive, and integrity
Good planning, co-ordinating and monitoring skills in meeting deadlines
Able to work under pressure.
Flexible approach to working hours.
Excellent planning and organising skills
Teamwork and professional relations
Client orientated (internal and external)
Excellent problem-solving skills
Applicants, please note:
- Please only apply for this vacancy:
- If you meet the criteria specified or believe that your qualifications and/or experience qualify you for the role.
- If the vacancy matches your career ambitions, your desired position level, and salary expectation.
- Camino Recruit endeavours to communicate as clearly and frequently as possible, including providing feedback to all applicants, however, we only undertake to contact shortlisted candidates. Please do not contact our office by telephone. Kindly direct ALL queries and questions to [email protected] and we will endeavour to answer as quickly and accurately as we can.
- Note that Camino Recruit takes instruction from a client. We can thus not accept responsibility/liability for any decisions or actions taken by our client, including, but not limited to, hiring decisions, delays in the process, or changes in the nature or availability of the vacancy in question. Furthermore, any feedback provided to candidates by Camino Recruit represents our best interpretation of the information we receive during the process. As such, this feedback is to be regarded as “without prejudice”.
- Candidates who apply for the vacancy may be required to undergo various rounds of interviews, psychometric assessment, reference checks, and other background checks, which may include criminal record checks, credit checks, qualification verifications, and a social media screening, as applicable.
- Note that our own company policy may preclude us from accepting applications from applicants that we have recently placed or are regarded as unsuitable due to other relevant criteria as per our discretion.
- Note that applying for this vacancy is regarded as consent for collecting and storing (with due regard for confidentiality) the personal information of the applicant for the purpose of recruitment for the current and/or future vacancies.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should kindly visit the company website to get more details and submit the application(s).