Burgiss Graduate Internships 2023
Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the Burgiss Graduate Internships 2022/2023. The entire application details for the Burgiss Graduate Internships can be accessed below.
Burgiss Graduate Internships
The Burgiss Group invites unemployed South African graduates to apply for the Internship Programme 2022 / 2023.
As part of the Burgiss Graduate Programme, your primary function will be a Financial Data Analyst and you will be upskilled across several areas of Data Operations under a structured development programme to ensure you’re exposed to the multi-faceted aspects of data capture. The information gathered assists our institutional investor clients to better understand their complex portfolio composition as well as measure investment performance and risk.
Your journey will include processing and requesting financial statements received from investment managers. You will learn how to perform research on private companies, analyze private capital reporting, and ultimately be responsible for the identification, aggregation, and capture of data. This is a great opportunity to join a vibrant, fast-growing, and dynamic team and help contribute to the gold standard of research-quality private capital data.
After the 2-year graduate program, you would have gained valuable insights into the reporting of private equity fund transactional data as well as private company characteristics and financial statement metrics to become a well-rounded Financial Data Analyst who will be able to perform across various Data Operations teams.
- Follow established document and data processing policies and procedures
- Detailed review and analysis of private capital fund financial reporting and online resources to accurately identify relevant fund and company-level financial data
- Capture, enhance and maintain large volumes of financial data
- Develop an in-depth understanding of fund valuations, capital flows, performance reporting methodologies, financial statement metrics, and industry classification standards
- Perform audits and other quality control functions
- Effectively communicate details of reporting and compilation methodologies in response to client-directed requests
- Full-time employment
- Competitive salary
- Medical aid, pension, and risk benefits
- The two-year structured programme includes:
- Rotation across at least 4 Data Operations departments
- Enrolment in further educational programs such as CFA, CIPM or CAIA
- Personal development courses
- Leadership training
- A final-year Post-Graduate Commerce degree in Finance / Accounting / Economics (NQF 8+)
- A minimum grade-point average of 70% throughout the university tenure
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, meet processing deadlines, and demonstrate flexibility with the delivery of assignments
- Analytical thinking, organization efficiency, desire to improve processes and automate procedures
- Team player – ability to work well in a team, professional and respectful to colleagues
- Strong professional verbal and written communication in English
How to Apply
Submit the following documents to BambooHR on this link: Burgiss Graduate Program 2023
- Updated CV
- Academic transcript (All studies to date, including the mid-year results)
- Copy of your ID/ Valid work permit
- Step 1: Apply for the Graduate Program on BambooHR at the link provided above.
- Step 2: Your application will be reviewed by our screening panel. If your application is shortlisted, you will be invited to attend an interview and assessment at our office.
- Step 3: Interview with panel and assessment to be conducted on the scheduled date
- Step 4: Successful candidates will be given feedback within 1 week of the interview on the status of their application.
- Step 5: You will be contacted by our team regarding the final outcome of your application.
Application Deadline: 30th November 2022