Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the Bergrivier Municipality Bursaries 2024. The entire application details for the Bergrivier Municipality Bursaries 2024 can be accessed below.
Bergrivier Municipality Bursaries
Bergrivier Municipality invites South African students to apply for the Bursary Programme 2024 academic year.
Overview: Bergrivier Municipality invites South African citizens residing within the Bergrivier Municipal area to apply for their bursary program for the 2024 academic year. This bursary program supports students pursuing their first undergraduate or postgraduate degree or national diploma in any field.
Coverage Value: The bursary will cover the following expenses:
- Registration fees
- Tuition fees
- Examination fees
- Books and study materials
Funding will be paid directly to the institution where the recipient is studying. Selected candidates will need to sign a bursary agreement with the Bergrivier Municipality.
Eligibility Requirements: Applicants must meet the following minimum entry criteria to apply:
- South African citizenship.
- Permanent residence within the Bergrivier Municipal area.
- Currently in Matric or have completed Matric.
- Enrolled or intending to enroll in their first degree or national diploma, meeting the institution’s entry requirements.
- Studying or registered/accepted to study at an accredited South African tertiary institution.
- Preference for students between the ages of 18 and 35 (students outside this range will still be considered).
- Preference for students from households with a combined monthly income of less than the GAP housing threshold (less than R3,500 per month).
Application Process: Follow these steps to apply for the Bergrivier Municipality Bursary:
- Download and complete the Bergrivier Municipality Bursary Application Form 2024.
- Alternatively, application forms may be collected from the Human Resource Services Department in Piketberg.
- In the field asking how you heard about the Bergrivier Municipality Bursary, enter “StudentRoom.co.za”
Supporting Documentation: Submit clear copies of the following documents along with your completed application form (missing items may disqualify your application):
- Certified copy of ID document.
- Certified copy of Matric final results or Matric certificate.
- Certified copy of full tertiary academic record if currently studying.
- Proof of registration or acceptance at a tertiary institution (on institution’s letterhead).
- Breakdown of study fees for the year (on institution’s letterhead).
- Proof of residential address (municipal account).
- Certified copy of parent or guardian’s ID document.
- Proof of parent or guardian’s monthly household income (salary or pension slips if applicable, affidavit if unemployed).
Submission: Hand-deliver your application to one of the following municipal offices, marked “Application for External Study Bursary,” for the attention of Mr. D Boumeester (Human Resource Officer: Training and Development):
- Aurora: Main Street, Aurora, 7325, Western Cape (Tel: 022 952 1720)
- Eendekuil: Hoof Street, Eendekuil, 7335, Western Cape (Tel: 022 942 1780)
- Piketberg: Kerkstraat 13, Piketberg, 7320, Western Cape (Tel: 022 913 6000)
- Porterville: Mark Street, Porterville, 6810, Western Cape (Tel: 022 931 2100)
- Redelinghuys: Voortrekker Street, Redelinghuys, 8105, Western Cape (Tel: 022 962 1605)
- Velddrif: Voortrekker Street, Velddrif, 7365, Western Cape (Tel: 022 783 1112)
Note: Applications via email or fax will NOT be accepted.
Application Deadline: 06 October 2023