Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified candidates for the AWS Skills Development Bursary2022/2023. The full application details for the AWS Skills Development Bursary can be accessed below.
AWS Skills Development Bursary 2022/2023
Amazon is providing an opportunity for students in the form of an AWS Skills Development Bursary for the upcoming academic year of 2023.
The bursaries are applicable for both Undergraduate and Postgraduate levels of studies in the fields related to technology. The fields included are:
- Accounting and Finance
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Information Technology
- Computer Science
- Electronic Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
Students with disabilities from any field are encouraged to apply for the bursary.
There are two prime factors that decide the recipient of the bursary:
- Economically deficient
- Excellent academics
The bursary will provide the following benefits:
- Cost of tuition.
- Books for the course.
- A personal computer.
- Accommodation facility.
- Transport facility.
Eligibility Criteria Of The Bursary
Interested candidates must check the eligibility criteria before applying for the bursary. You must meet all the below-mentioned requirements to be eligible for the bursary.
- You must be residing within South Africa.
- You must be enrolled in or have already completed high school.
- You must be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in any of the areas mentioned above, or you must plan to do so.
- You must be enrolled in or plan to enroll in classes at one of South Africa’s recognized and accredited universities.
- Graduate students: For Matriculating Tertiary Students in Mathematics, Physical Science, and English, you must have obtained a minimum score of 75%: Your cumulative average must be at least 65%.
- You need to have a good academic history.
- You must have the capacity for leadership.
- The selection process will favor students with disabilities. Students without any disabilities must apply as well.
How to Apply For The Bursary?
Applicants must submit the application online along with the necessary documentation.
Click here to apply: AWS Skills Development Bursary Application 2023
All the mentioned documents must be attached to the application form. No document should be false or missing else the application will not be considered.
- South African valid ID documents, certified copy.
- Matric diploma or most recent Matric results, certified copy.
- Full transcripts and academic record, certified copy.
- Proof of income from parents or guardians:
- Affidavit if unemployed.
- Most recent financial statements if self-employed.
- Most recent paystubs or letters from an employer if employed, certified copy.
- Death certificates for parents or guardians, if they’re deceased, certified copy.
- Divorce decree from parents or guardians, if they are divorcing, certified copy.
- Parents’ or guardians’ oath, if they’re not together, certified copy.
- A signed release. Click on ‘here’ on the application page for the consent form.
- A profile photo.
- Evidence of address, certified copy.
- An essay with the answers to the following questions:
- A description of your background and your family’s situation.
- A list of all your accomplishments and positions held in leadership.
- Your assets and deficiencies.
- How does your chosen course of study relate to your skills?
- Passions and desired career.
- Your statement is the main focus of your application profile.
Application Deadline: 30 September 2022.
Contact Details Of The Bursar
Candidates can contact StudyTrust for any queries regarding the bursary via the following:
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: 011 403 1632
Contact link: https://studytrust.org.za/contact-us/
Mobile: 087 511 3373