Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Affirmative Portfolios Recruitment 2023/2024.
Affirmative Portfolios is an entirely black-owned recruitment agency with 3 members in the Board of Directors. Affirmative Portfolios were registered as a personnel consultancy agency in 1994 and began trading in 1997. We are a registered member of the Association for Personnel Service Organisation or APSO and have many recruitment branches throughout South Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the following position below:
Job Title: Manager: Actuarial Claims Risk
The Manager: Actuarial Claims Risk is responsible to manage the provision of Actuarial Claims Risk support and advice to the Company business.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Excellent analytical, problem solving & data manipulation skills.
- Independent and creative in analysing, business results, develop appropriate solutions or alternatives to problems and effectively communicating related issues and results to management.
- Strong technical background in reserving/valuations.
- Sound actuarial judgment.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel, Access, and MS Word skills.
- Knowledge on actuarial core principles, methodologies, forecasting and models.
Key Performance Areas:
- People management
- Stakeholder management.
- Actuarial investigations.
- Accident data management and forecasting.
- Manage the provision of actuarial expert advice.
- Claims risk management.
- Actuarial research and development
- Manage the Assessment/monitoring of Calculation models for “Loss of Earnings” and “Loss of Support” benefits for motor vehicle claims.
- Policy review and implementation.
Desired Experience & Qualifications
- Relevant 6 – 8 years’ experience in Actuarial environment of which 2 years must be on a management/supervisory level.
- Postgraduate in Actuarial Science/Mathematics related qualification advantageous.
- Qualified Associate/Fellow Actuary of (ASSA / IFoA / SoA /CAS) or any other internationally recognized Actuarial Board).
- Bachelor’s Degree/Advanced Diploma in Actuarial Science/Mathematics related qualification.